Tank Pad Grips - ideas? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Tank Pad Grips - ideas?

I've had my 910R for a few months now and about 3000 miles and scuff marks are starting to show on the side of the tank (especially the right side; apparently I do not sit completely centered on the bike!).

I'd like to protect the paint with some tank pad grips (with the added bonus of being able to grip the tank better with my legs) and am looking at getting some general sheets that I can cut to the shape I want from TechSpec (http://www.techspec-usa.com). I like the idea of them because they are supposedly removable and you can re-apply them.

Anyone had any experience with them?

If so, which material did you get (High fusion, C3 or snake)?

Thanks!

Chris
2008 Brutale 910R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 12:21 AM

Forget the snake skin they have no grip.
Stomp Pads is what you want, get the one size fits all.
I got a set for my Suzuki last summer and they fit great.
They will fit just about any bike and the grip is the best going.

If Adam and Eve were Chinese, we would still be in paradise
because they would have ignored the apple and eaten the snake!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 06:47 AM

Yep stomp grip mate they come in either clear or black eBay is the place

Home of the F4 Fibra di carbonio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc_brutale View Post
I've had my 910R for a few months now and about 3000 miles and scuff marks are starting to show on the side of the tank (especially the right side; apparently I do not sit completely centered on the bike!).

I'd like to protect the paint with some tank pad grips (with the added bonus of being able to grip the tank better with my legs) and am looking at getting some general sheets that I can cut to the shape I want from TechSpec (http://www.techspec-usa.com). I like the idea of them because they are supposedly removable and you can re-apply them.

Anyone had any experience with them?

If so, which material did you get (High fusion, C3 or snake)?

Thanks!
techspec had new version C3 better than snake type, softer, grip better, I just have it on my bike, I don't know how long will it last by material very softer,
pix shown mv track bike with stomp grip black, mv senna with techspec C3, Duc with techspec snake
hope it help
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07-MV Senna 201/300 My wife gift for my BD
05-MV F4 Track bike
16-Ducati DVT-S
10-Ducati 1198R
08-Ducati 1098
09-Ducati 848 Her bike turn in track bike
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 09:18 AM

Stomp grip

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1342707460149.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  80.0 KB
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1342707473947.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  92.0 KB

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Al-

I have the C3 on both of my bikes.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I got the Techspec C3

Thanks for your thoughts. I ended up getting the Techspec C3's. I think if this were more of a track bike, I might be more interested in the possibly superior grip of the stomp grips. However, this is my daily ride and I was mainly looking for a way to protect the tank from the scuff marks being made by my leather pants with the bonus of a little more leg grip. I like the look of the C3's and the fact that they are supposed to be removable an re-applicable.

Anyway, here are some photos with them on. I bought the uncut sheets and cut them myself. I did my best to follow the lines of the bike and keep the lovely red triangle on the tank exposed. In some light they stand out a bit as they're more dark grey, but mostly I think they blend pretty well. Been riding for about a week now with them and am very happy so far!
Attached Images

Chris
2008 Brutale 910R
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Al-

very nice. I personally find these to be a necessity to feel comfortable on a bike. Its something I've just gotten accustomed to having and I miss the grip when I have just a plain painted tank surface.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al- View Post
very nice. I personally find these to be a necessity to feel comfortable on a bike. Its something I've just gotten accustomed to having and I miss the grip when I have just a plain painted tank surface.
+1 Fitted stomp grips to mine, best thing I ever did. Don't think I could go without them now.

They are regarded as a service item: i.e. like tires, once worn out, just peel off and replace which I quite like.

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode