MV Agusta Forum banner

swingarm cover

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  number2 
#1 · (Edited)
Ive dinged the shit out of the finish on my swingarm and every attempt to fix it only makes it worse because the paint never quite matches under different light conditions. I'm ready to give up and by a carbonfiber cover.

Thing is I don't really like them. Id rather replace an whole part with a carbon fiber piece then pretend its something its not by covering. Anyone have a photo of there bike with one of these? Anyone have an opinion on this or an idea how to get a perfect match for the stock black finish?

Thanks

Edit: will this work with a moto corse hugger?

#4 ·
Yep..that would be the way to do it.
I don't like 'covers' or 'huggers' myself either...dirt/grit usually gets trapped underneath and even if it's only a small bit....it 'eats' the surface of your swing arm due to the vibration.
I had a Yamaha Fazer 1000 with a hugger fitted (to protect the shock etc) and when I took it off found a 'groove' ate into the top of the swing arm with no way of disguising it unless you refitted the hugger or aggressively buffed it out and had the swing arm re-anodised.
Never had or will have one on any of my bikes ever since.
Brian.

#7 ·
I´m making real carbon covering on nearly every part, also on a swingarm.

You can see on Fotoalbum, or FB:
www.facebook.com/heiko.schremmvagusta

This is a test.
I´m here since any years, but had been unable to post here.
Now I was finally unlocked.....
If it now works, I'll gladly post the images here.

Kind Regards H.
That rear piece is a beauty! I like how it aligns with the slant of the taillight!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.