Aftermarket Cluch Slave - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Aftermarket Cluch Slave

I was wondering if anyone has installed an aftermarket clutch slave and the clutch fully disengages when pulled in. I have a STM one and when I pull the clutch in the bike still wants to pull forward. The bike is really hard to get into neutral. Any help would be appreciated. If anything I will go back to the stock slave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 10:10 AM

New Site Garage
Question Hhhmm

That does not sound right mate. Did you bleed the system properly ? And did you use all the parts that came with the slave cylinder ? I have installed a few of these for friends and the Oberon one's on my bikes without any problems.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I had my mechanic work on it and he is a world class MV and Ducati mechanic. Because the bike sat for so long before he got it, he thought it might be the clutch disk sticking together causing it to move. He pulled the basket apart and looked at the disk, cleaned them, lubed them and it still pulses forward. I have some CRG leavers installed but i adjusted them all the way out. I bleed the clutch slave 3 times. Twice by the mechanic and once by me. No air in the lines. I dont know if I just got a bad slave that will not fully disengage my clutch or if this problem is with all STM slaves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 10:50 AM

New Site Garage
I will put money on the problem being the CRG lever, try putting the OEM lever back and see if that helps, the STM slave's are great, but you never know.
If the slave is not leaking, then it should be okay. The slave can only do what it's told to do by the mastercylinder (M/C).
It moves a certain amout, and this is determined by the bore and stroke of the M/C, if the lever does not fully stroke the M/C, then the slave can't move far enough to disengage your plates.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Last edited by Donsy; 07-23-2012 at 12:06 AM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I dont have the stock levers anymore. If anything I will put the stock slave back on and see if the problem goes away. Just wondering if anyone else had a problem with the STM slave.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Al-

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr258 View Post
I dont have the stock levers anymore. If anything I will put the stock slave back on and see if the problem goes away. Just wondering if anyone else had a problem with the STM slave.

I have this problem without the STM slave. The last thing left for me to do is pull or replace the clutch plates. They might be warped causing it to stick. Mine is much worse when it has been sitting for a while and loosens up as I ride and the oil gets warm. I've had a few instances where it is impossible to find neutral with the bike off and I cannot start it because the plates are stuck with the bike in gear.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 01:18 PM

New Site Garage
http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agus...tch_Plate_Kits

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 03:05 PM

Same here. I bled the sustem amd mow its better. I dont think its the slave cylinder or the levers. Agree with others. Have a look at the plates or any other clutch part eg springs or washers.
Mine is stock slave and slipper on the RR
p
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I had my mechanic pull the clutch plates apart and he said they look fine. Take that for what its worth. He is a good guy and wouldnt steer me in the wrong direction. I know that the bike was sitting for a long time and maybe the clutch needs rebuilt. Very low mileage on the bike though.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 03:33 PM

What about the push rod or items behind the slave cylinder? Something is not disengaging the plates right..
Are u using dot4 as clutch fluid? Not sure if other dot would make any difference certainly heat affects these. . I d trust donsy above as much more experienced on the mv

Last edited by PP1098; 07-05-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode