Custom Brutale headlight bolt - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Custom Brutale headlight bolt

Thought I'd spruce up the 'adjustment' of the Brutale headlight by making a new height adjustment bolt in brass and while I was at it making some 'decorative' bolts for the subframe after removing the rear foot peg hangers also in brass. Came out nice..hope you like em.
Brian
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 02:55 PM

New Site Garage
Hehe, your still the best sir.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Brian, you got to stop this! You are driving me mad with your ability to turn out stunning parts.

Dave

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 09:24 AM

Ok, so how did you make the little detents all around the hex opening? Did you use the lathe or a milling machine? Do you have a photo of when you did that?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbutspry View Post
Ok, so how did you make the little detents all around the hex opening? Did you use the lathe or a milling machine? Do you have a photo of when you did that?
No unfortunately I didn't take any shots of this process...but it is done using a 'rotary table' (dividing the number of 'holes' required into the 360 degrees) and a drill press (pillar drill).
I have however photographed this process in previous threads and it can be seen when I made these 'Bar ends. http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43206

Thanks guys as ever for your kind comments...I'll make something a bit more challenging soon!.
Brian
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
rfe
Established Member

Looks cool BG......How did you get the hex wrench feature in the bolt? Also in the pics here it looks like a goldish finish, what were the materials/finish you used?
Thanks in advance....
B
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
No unfortunately I didn't take any shots of this process...but it is done using a 'rotary table' (dividing the number of 'holes' required into the 360 degrees) and a drill press (pillar drill).
I have however photographed this process in previous threads and it can be seen when I made these 'Bar ends. http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43206

Thanks guys as ever for your kind comments...I'll make something a bit more challenging soon!.
Brian
Cool! I thought you must be using something like that to make the holes. I have a milling machine that I have used to make crude but functional pieces for stuff. But seeing your work makes me want to try making something that looks good. I just don't think it is as easy as you make it look!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfe View Post
Looks cool BG......How did you get the hex wrench feature in the bolt? Also in the pics here it looks like a goldish finish, what were the materials/finish you used?
Thanks in advance....
B
In the OP he said it's brass.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfe View Post
Thanks in advance....
B
Hi, to get the internal 'hex' you need a 'rotary broach' for your lathe...expensive but...http://www.buybroaches.com/8mm-diame...ch-tool-holder and the tools http://www.buybroaches.com/8mm-shank...-rotary-broach
also as pitmeister has said the material I used in this case was brass which I polished for the finish.
No nothing is ever easy, but with a little practice....
Glad you like em.
I've made many 'parts' like the bar ends in the link I provided...but have a search through some of my threads to see some of the other stuff if you are interested.
Thanks Brian
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 PM

Wow brian, your parts are stunning!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode