exhaust query on a f1000s - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
PRG
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
exhaust query on a f1000s

Hi,
just acquired an 05 f1000s.as im on a budget I was wondering if it is possible to remove the cans, have the weld undone, remove the baffling and buy an over the counter ecu chip?. Back in 2000 I think it was , I had an f750s which I took to the now defunct Casoli shop.they did the aforementioned for 350.mechanic replaced chip with a pair of tweezers ,swapped the pipes over and that was it! unbelievable sound and bottom end difference.I see you can get an ecu chip for open exhaust on ebay.

Thanks for any advice
PRG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRG View Post
Hi,
just acquired an 05 f1000s.as im on a budget I was wondering if it is possible to remove the cans, have the weld undone, remove the baffling and buy an over the counter ecu chip?. Back in 2000 I think it was , I had an f750s which I took to the now defunct Casoli shop.they did the aforementioned for 350.mechanic replaced chip with a pair of tweezers ,swapped the pipes over and that was it! unbelievable sound and bottom end difference.I see you can get an ecu chip for open exhaust on ebay.

Thanks for any advice
Yes, you can chop the exhausts, there are a few threads on here somewhere with details on how it is done...

As for the eprom, I can supply one, where are you based ?

Cheers
Adam
merc07 is online now  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
PRG
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc07 View Post
Yes, you can chop the exhausts, there are a few threads on here somewhere with details on how it is done...

As for the eprom, I can supply one, where are you based ?

Cheers
Adam

Thornbury,South Gloucs near sunny Bristol.

Thanks
PRG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRG View Post
Thornbury,South Gloucs near sunny Bristol.

Thanks
Not so sunny Bristol you mean !
I am just down the road in WSM.
I can set it all up for you if you like when you get the exhaust done..

Cheers
Adam
merc07 is online now  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
PRG
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc07 View Post
Not so sunny Bristol you mean !
I am just down the road in WSM.
I can set it all up for you if you like when you get the exhaust done..

Cheers
Adam
Okay,thanks,may well take you up on that.Will be in touch .

Pete
PRG is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 12:38 AM
MRT
Senior Member
 
MRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sunny Queensland, Aus
Posts: 2,020
Here it is, it's called the Gazman:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...ghlight=gazman

There are a couple of other threads about this as well. I did it the way Gazman did it, but I only drilled 4 x 8mm holes. Sound is nice, reasonably loud without being irritating. I still need to get mine tuned to suit, but it feels like an improvement.
MRT is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Established Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 101
anyone in sydney the gazman mod? i think if i did it myself i would ruin the exhausts.. not that skilled with these things.. im willing to pay if someone can do it
jibz is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,204
Are you going to the Bristol Italian Show next week ?
merc07 is online now  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
PRG
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc07 View Post
Are you going to the Bristol Italian Show next week ?
working all weekend unfortunately.
PRG is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 04:09 AM
Senior Member
 
spypyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
anyone in sydney the gazman mod? i think if i did it myself i would ruin the exhausts.. not that skilled with these things.. im willing to pay if someone can do it
I have a set if you want with the holes in them already.
spypyp is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome