Fitting Nitron shock - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Fitting Nitron shock

OK I was never happy with the OEM (sachs) shock on my bike, being far too hard and any adjustments made never seemed to make a great deal of improvement. I had considered changing the spring for a replacement 'ohlins' one and also hade the bike 'booked in' for 11 time Isle of man TT winner 'Philip Mc Callen' to do the set up for me. However I had also considered replacing the shock altogether and had all but settled on a 'Nitron' one when 'eddypro''s thread on his installment of a nitron shock came up http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...ghlight=nitron and I decided to get one. Thanks Eddy for your write up.
As I dont have a baseball bat...here are some photos in sequence of how I got on.
Before I removed the OEM shock I firstly took note of my ride height (I don't) jet have one of those tools. Also I removed the bottom bracket from underneath the swing arm to make removal a little easier and being what I am about these things I wanted to clean it..(I know!!)
Also It's not necessary but I got the shock with the hydraulic preload adjuster...(mine is the track shock). These 'Nitron' shocks are built in the factory to your specification ...for what you intend to use them for (road, track etc) and your weight, whether you ride two up or solo etc. You can get these shocks from DESIGN CORSE, Anyway enough of the talking here are the photos...ALL I need is the weather to test it out!. Cheers for now Brian.
Attached Images

Last edited by BG Wells; 02-26-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 10:50 AM

New Site Garage
Good pics. See you cleaned the brackets before placing them back on. Let us know how it rides.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 12:44 PM

I can tell you how it will ride and that's is brill, I visited Guy the owner of Nitron shocks well over five years ago at his base in Oxford and he custom built the first ever shock for an MV based on my bike. It was a major improvement over the standard Sachs shock and offered real world adjust-ability. Very happy with mine and pound for pound I don't think you can buy a better shock.

jimboF4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 05:26 PM

Guess what Brian I got one of these as well from Al!

Going to MCT Suspension next Monday to have it fitted and have the front forks set up.

Let us all know what you think when you have taken her for a ride.

Dave

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up +100

Good work Brian. Thanks for sharing, that shock looks the business for sure.
PS. I sent Mark at TimeMachineBikes an email today to see if he has some intake trumpets for you to play with .
PS2. Time to get a hugger to help protect that beauty

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Established Member

Cost?

Was the nitron shock (apples to apples) less expensive then the Ohlions? Or more options because it was "custom"? BobL.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolbusbob View Post
Was the nitron shock (apples to apples) less expensive then the Ohlions? Or more options because it was "custom"? BobL.
Hi Bob the total cost of the 'Nitron' shock with the hydraulic preload adjuster was £719.93 delivered. ($1139.05 USD) I got it from
http://www.bikehps.com/nitron/ because at the time I ordered it (around Dec 2011) they were supplying the Hydraulic preload adjuster at half it's normal price when ordered with the shock...think that offer is over now though. But have a look at their website.
You can however get these shocks from 'Design corse' (one of the forum sponsors) and they are also great to deal with and definitely worth supporting.
I had considered an ohlins ttx shock and also looked at others but settled on the 'Nitron' and have to say I'm extremely happy with it....the build quality is flawless and I have not read one negative report.
As I said I cannot wait until we get some decent weather..so I can see how it rides for myself...but based of what I've read and heard from others...my expectations are high!! Cheers Brian.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 AM

brian,looks great,keep us informed with your thoughts,ps:selling one cheap baseball bat.lol
cheers eddy
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
brian,looks great,keep us informed with your thoughts,ps:selling one cheap baseball bat.lol
cheers eddy
Nooooo! don't do that...it's an essential part of the kit!. Yeah hopefully I'll get her out at the weekend and see what all the fuss is about! Cheers Brian. Still happy with yours Eddy??
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 02:45 PM

Hey lad, get that tax renewed first!!!

P.S. did you go to the show in Belfast the other week?

The older I get, the faster I was!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode