910R factory Race pipe vs. MV corse titanium system - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

910R factory Race pipe vs. MV corse titanium system

I am just curious, is there a noticable difference in HP and TQ numbers between these exhaust systems? I know that there is an obvious savings in weight by switching to the Ti system, but is there a noticable increase in power as well for all that extra money?

Thanks

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 07:32 PM

air fuel has the dyno print out here.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3092
he also said it is much louder.hope this helps.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 910rwantobe
air fuel has the dyno print out here.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3092
he also said it is much louder.hope this helps.

While I appreciate it, thats not quite what i was looking for. I have a 910r and fitted my race pipe to it, the extra one that comes with the bike (cat delete and new mufflers). I was wondering if that setup produced less power than the Ti system. I can already tell that the race pipe, bmc filter, and eprom gave it a good kick in the ass, but wonder if its worth the money to switch over to a Ti system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy
While I appreciate it, thats not quite what i was looking for. I have a 910r and fitted my race pipe to it, the extra one that comes with the bike (cat delete and new mufflers). I was wondering if that setup produced less power than the Ti system. I can already tell that the race pipe, bmc filter, and eprom gave it a good kick in the ass, but wonder if its worth the money to switch over to a Ti system.
The Ti system is a substancial weight savings.

Bimota SB6 #028 (sold)
Ducati 998R #723 (sold)
F4 Ago #269 (sold)
F4 Tamburini #86 (sold)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 07:18 AM

The Ti system has cool stepped headers, and larger diameter outlets at the silencers.
I'm not sure of the difference between the MV chip and the Moto Corse chip, but I'm sure the Ti system gives some more HP. Probably not worth the money for the few HP you'll gain though. I gained a large amount of low-mid HP and TQover stock.

I'm currently at about 127 RWHP.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfuel
The Ti system has cool stepped headers, and larger diameter outlets at the silencers.
I'm not sure of the difference between the MV chip and the Moto Corse chip, but I'm sure the Ti system gives some more HP. Probably not worth the money for the few HP you'll gain though. I gained a large amount of low-mid HP and TQover stock.

I'm currently at about 127 RWHP.
Hmmm....I have to get my bike to my tuner.

I have had some experience with stepped headers, particularly on my buell. I switched over fron buell's factory race pipe (oddly enough!) to a custom system built by Kooks Custom Headers here on long island. The system was all stainless, triple stepped, and exited through a spin tech muffler.....yes it sounds like hell on wheels...ill post some video later. They worked well, but more at smoothing out the powerband. There was a noticable flatspot preceeding a powerspike with the old headers, this was now gone but I only developed +1 hp overall, at least was the case with my buell.

John, I may want to swing by your shop and say hello, I gotta get a closer look at that header and hear it in person.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 09:50 AM

Go here, scroll down a bit to see the headers.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3787

This is the latest graph, the engine is loosening up nicely after a few track days and miles!
I have to do a little more experimentation with taking the snorkels out (GASP ) and try to get at least 130 RWHP (SAE) out of this beast.
(click to see graph full size)
Attached Images

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Wow, those pipes are beautiful. I gotta sign up for a track day.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode