Bodis vs Riding House - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Bodis vs Riding House

As the title says. What is the difference in the full Ti systems between the two. One of these day I will break down and complete the exhaust on my bike. Currently I just have a Ti midpipe and modified exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 PM

Whats riding house Andrew....?

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 11:40 PM

Mine are riding house made in Japan
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44057

If you can hear from the video, there is a slight hiss / high pitch sound when the revs drop. That's actually noise from the flames popping from the pipes.

If the baffles are not use, you can see flames shoot about a foot from the pipes, in neutral with the RG3 chip.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!

Last edited by minime; 01-07-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 11:59 PM

The Bodis ones are LOUD through out the rev range. This could be the large overall diameter of the pipes from the headers all the way to the slip ons.

The riding house has smaller diameter pipes compared to Bodis, at idle its louder than RG3, but not as loud as Sil motos. Bodis are the loudest I've hear. I would say its as loud as a Casoli modded pipe at idle.

The riding house pipes has similar overall diameter as the stock slip ons, for example where it meets the midpipe.

The Riding house ones are design to be sold as either a slip on or full system, so the overall design cannot be as wild as the Bodis one, which I can only assume is sold as a complete system, ie cannot use the bodis as a slip on only.

As the revs increase (above 5000rpm) the Riding house pipes makes a high pitch sound, like a Tubi exhaust on a F355. So the riding house system does not become louder as the revs increase. This could be the design restriction of the muffler part of the slip on, the hole is not that big.

I've done a couple of 3rd gear fly bys and people say the pipes are not that loud but more high pitched sound.

On the Bodis, when changing the oil filter, apparently you will need to remove the pipes or sections of the pipes to get to the filter. You need to verify this with someone who has a Bodis system.

When changing the oil filter on the riding house system, you need to loosen the springs and bolt that hold the pipe in place, just enough to loosen the pipes to get at the oil filter. You don't need to remove the pipes off the bike completely.

Last edited by minime; 01-08-2012 at 12:15 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks
Any difference in power?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 05:35 AM

Without a proper dyno, I'll only be talking from my personal experience. I'm only running RG3 chip on the Tambo no PC3 as I want to keep it as stock as possible.

You can feel more midrange compare to the RG3 slip on and when the revs goes above 10k it feels like the engine is neutral, ie it touches red line very quickly. Overall the engine feel lively thoughout the rev range.

When Emoto were selling them, they claim you benefit from an additional 10-12hp from a proper PC3 tune. If you want right out power, go with the Arrow twin can, they are suppose to have the most power.

I and most people out there realistically can't uses up 100% of the potential of the bike in the first place - more power is just for bragging with your mates at the pub.

Both with the Bodis and Riding house, you'll shave a good 6kg off the standard system.

Last edited by minime; 01-08-2012 at 05:40 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 08:46 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Here's some food for thought:

More power where? When the question is asked, most people assume it is at the top of the RPM range. This may not necessarily be so, nor desirable.

Daniel picked up 10 hp on his Senna by installing the full titanium exhaust, but peak horsepower remained the same. The pick up was at 9,000 if I remember correctly. Much more usable but not good for bragging at the pub.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I know I can't use all my power. But with the price of the systems I want to get the most bang for my buck. I want first is nicer sound. Second is weight savings. Last is power.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Riding house

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Both are very good exhausts and the bodis is better quality and louder than the Riding House versions. We have fitted and tested both on our 1000R and if you want more of a high pitched sound then go for the RH version and if you like to hear thunder when your riding then go for the bodis.

I will say this though, The RH has DB killers and the bodis dont but Riding house have stopped producing thier exhaust so not available anymore brand new and impossible to get spare parts should a baffle get lost.

Regards

Al

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode