is there a fuel injector upgrade....... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

is there a fuel injector upgrade.......

for the 07' F4?
or some type of setup for dual injectors??

Tree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 03:32 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeMV #2 View Post
for the 07' F4?
or some type of setup for dual injectors??

Tree
No Tree, not as far as I know in that whole generation of F4's. Only once they brought out the 2010 models.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

Donsey
do you think there would be any benefit to a dual injector set up, or is this just a pipe dream??
I mean outright enhancement, not hypothetical.

Tree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 07:14 AM

New Site Garage
Red face Ouch

Do you ever get the feeling you are going to get your arse reemed just before you make a comment Tree, I just got that feeling right then '.

I am not qualified enough to make a educated comment along those lines, but, hey it never stopped me before.

I personally think it would be a mission impossoble, for me at least, on the F4 as you have to get the ECU to do the work, you have to get the right throttle bodies and you have to make the whole lot fit '.
I have thought about getting the fuel system from the "CC" with the variable throttle bodies, but that is as far as my pipe-dream would go.
I know the twin injector thing is still very much experimental in production racing, some teams throw the OEM systems out because they are more designed to help the bikes pass emissions and improve road riding ability while cutting down on induction noise etc.

I was quite surprised to see one of the AU Superbikes open motor and no more twin injectors, instead just two very different length trumpets in the throttle bodies, the inner two were about 2cm longer than the outer two, still looking at that and wondering where I can get a 1078's throttle trumpets to try them on my 1000R.
If I had a bloke that would turn me up a set on a lathe I would love to try them.

But like I said, just speculating, nothing wrong with wanting to know shit

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Last edited by Donsy; 01-07-2012 at 07:18 AM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 07:39 AM
X81

Just a quick reply as i'm busy but forget the secondary injector idea, hugely expensive and not worth much i'd say.

way more can be acheived by fitting TSS based on what i have seen using the TSS system so far.

I'm looking into the costs etc but fitment to a 1000R or 1000S is pretty simple it's just costs that could be a pain, especially the air box as that's different.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X81 View Post
Just a quick reply as i'm busy but forget the secondary injector idea, hugely expensive and not worth much i'd say.

way more can be acheived by fitting TSS based on what i have seen using the TSS system so far.

I'm looking into the costs etc but fitment to a 1000R or 1000S is pretty simple it's just costs that could be a pain, especially the air box as that's different.

This sounds interesting...what system are you looking at using or is it simply a self build ?

As for the air box, would it need much of a modification to run TSS ?
Is it different inside as well as the fitment ?

See link below of one converted the other way.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20337

Adam

Last edited by merc07; 01-07-2012 at 11:56 AM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Dude
the root of all scientific discovery is query. The best people to query are the people closest to the question.
People like you, knurl, Chris and the other highly experience guys on here are the best source of information.
Don't knock whatever peice you have to put in, It is as valuable as any "engineer" can chime in with (before the engineers get butt chapped, we all know science is a collection of multi fauceted ideas/facts/solutions, not just one opinion).
Thanks for the response Donsey and yes, it held value to me

Chris, are you gonna keep us in the loop on this??

Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Do you ever get the feeling you are going to get your arse reemed just before you make a comment Tree, I just got that feeling right then '.

I am not qualified enough to make a educated comment along those lines, but, hey it never stopped me before.

I personally think it would be a mission impossoble, for me at least, on the F4 as you have to get the ECU to do the work, you have to get the right throttle bodies and you have to make the whole lot fit '.
I have thought about getting the fuel system from the "CC" with the variable throttle bodies, but that is as far as my pipe-dream would go.
I know the twin injector thing is still very much experimental in production racing, some teams throw the OEM systems out because they are more designed to help the bikes pass emissions and improve road riding ability while cutting down on induction noise etc.

I was quite surprised to see one of the AU Superbikes open motor and no more twin injectors, instead just two very different length trumpets in the throttle bodies, the inner two were about 2cm longer than the outer two, still looking at that and wondering where I can get a 1078's throttle trumpets to try them on my 1000R.
If I had a bloke that would turn me up a set on a lathe I would love to try them.

But like I said, just speculating, nothing wrong with wanting to know shit
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
TSS system from the Tamburini or the CC should be a bolt on....just have to buy a quite a few $$$$ worth of parts....and hope MV has them available.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 03:34 PM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc07 View Post
This sounds interesting...what system are you looking at using or is it simply a self build ?

As for the air box, would it need much of a modification to run TSS ?
Is it different inside as well as the fitment ?

See link below of one converted the other way.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20337

Adam

Yeah the airbox needs the lower part modded as per that pic and also the sides and litle triangular covers are ever so slightly wider to allow for the bellmouths and required assembly, in reality although it'll look near identical there will be a load of differences.

I can get carbon air boxes already but am going to see if i can get them done in glass. The set up otherwise is straight from MV unless i can start sourcing the parts externally...........to be fair it's not gone past a conversation stage at the moment but is a route i hope to explore soon as it is worth fitting to any of the 1000's.

The solenoid will plug straight in to the looms off the 1000S, R, 312 and 312RR so really it's gonna be assembly the right bits and then getting it together for the cheapest possible price. I might even experiment with different length trumpets to see what that does, if anything.

If i can i would really like to make it electronic rather than vacuum controlled but i don't think it's possible.

All the Microtecs for the MV's have a controller that will control the TSS system.

It's on my list of projects to get sorted.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 01:38 AM

New Site Garage
Aarghh bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by X81 View Post
Yeah the airbox needs the lower part modded as per that pic and also the sides and litle triangular covers are ever so slightly wider to allow for the bellmouths and required assembly, in reality although it'll look near identical there will be a load of differences.

I can get carbon air boxes already but am going to see if i can get them done in glass. The set up otherwise is straight from MV unless i can start sourcing the parts externally...........to be fair it's not gone past a conversation stage at the moment but is a route i hope to explore soon as it is worth fitting to any of the 1000's.

The solenoid will plug straight in to the looms off the 1000S, R, 312 and 312RR so really it's gonna be assembly the right bits and then getting it together for the cheapest possible price. I might even experiment with different length trumpets to see what that does, if anything.

If i can i would really like to make it electronic rather than vacuum controlled but i don't think it's possible.

All the Microtecs for the MV's have a controller that will control the TSS system.

It's on my list of projects to get sorted.
Look what you've gone and done now Chris.

I'm not even finished with one project and you gor me all excited about another. .
As a start I'm going to ask around and see if I can have 2 slightly longer trumpets turned up or just spacers to raise them about 10mm or so, just to see what it does, mid-range and/or top-end.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode