Chrono Time Gear Indicator Problem - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Chrono Time Gear Indicator Problem

I have just installed the gear indicator, apparently plug and play...
Plugged it in and there's nothing, nada, nil.
I have previously disconnected the headlight and l/h switch block has been removed, would that affect the power supply?
Need help, the light and switch block are in the back of the shed somewhere and I don't want to unpack everything and rifle through the boxes to find them and discover it has nothing to do with them, plus its a track bike so I will not be using them anyway.
Ideas and input would be great.
Thanks guys and gals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Established Member

I used the acumen with the plug & play loom and it didn't work either. Soldered the gear indicator directly into the bike loom and worked fine.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 04:58 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore View Post
I have just installed the gear indicator, apparently plug and play...
Plugged it in and there's nothing, nada, nil.
I have previously disconnected the headlight and l/h switch block has been removed, would that affect the power supply?
Need help, the light and switch block are in the back of the shed somewhere and I don't want to unpack everything and rifle through the boxes to find them and discover it has nothing to do with them, plus its a track bike so I will not be using them anyway.
Ideas and input would be great.
Thanks guys and gals.
The Crono Gear indicators only work once the headlight is switch on. It will not turn on otherwise as it gets the pick up from there.

Regards

Al

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

Last edited by DesignCorse; 12-05-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignCorse View Post
The Crono Gear indicators only work once the headlight is switch on. It will not turn on otherwise as it gets the pick up from there.
So does that mean I have to cut the wires from the alleged "plug and play" loom and take power from elsewhere?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 10:34 PM

New Site Garage
Question Plug n play ?

Hi Steve
Where would this normally plug into, got some pics. The gear indicator I have plugs into the dash. On the 1000R, and I am not sure on the 750, if you turn the bike on then the lights come on too ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Hi Steve
Where would this normally plug into, got some pics. The gear indicator I have plugs into the dash. On the 1000R, and I am not sure on the 750, if you turn the bike on then the lights come on too ?
It just piggy backs into the dash. The issue is I dont have lights or switches because its a track bike. I have never had lights so not sure if the lights come on with ignition.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Common sense would suggest that the power supply come from the ignition, not the lights. Makes the thing pretty bloody useless for track / race application (where it is most commonly used )
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 12:10 AM

New Site Garage
Exclamation

Quote:
Common sense would suggest that the power supply come from the ignition, not the lights. Makes the thing pretty bloody useless for track / race application (where it is most commonly used )
Have a good look at your wiring diagram, you might be able to just re-fitt the lighting fuse, or put a bridge in from one of the other power feeds. I did my whole wiring loom on the weekend, if you get stuck give me a ring later this arvo, I will be home by 5, WA time.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 04:17 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Quote:
So does that mean I have to cut the wires from the alleged "plug and play" loom and take power from elsewhere?
Indeed, the Crono gear indicators are not the best for track bikes due to this. I would suggest if you cany wire it in manually then go for a Accumen DG8 like Dons is running as they dont require the same pick up as the crono version.

Regards

Al

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Ok, I pulled the shed apart and found the left switch block, plugged it in and hey presto it works. Given that I would need to modify the wiring I will just leave the switch block in. I guess the only issue now is there is power to the light connector so I will have to seal it up and any other connectors incase water gets in and shorts out.

P.s. Donsy, FYI The light is powered to ignition on the 750 same as the 1000r.
Thanks for you help mate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode