Factory Upgrade Hubs - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Factory Upgrade Hubs

To those guys considering fitting the Factory upgraded Hub to a motorcycle with the pre-upgrade axle/spindle.

The axle for the pre-upgrade has a machined "shoulder" on the sprocket side for one needle roller bearing/sleeve and a shoulder on the wheel side of the axle to locate a double row ball bearing.

The Upgrade hub however has one needle roller and on the sprocket side and has one needle roller and one single roller bearing on the wheel side. The shoulder on the wheel side on which the bearings are located is longer compared to the pre-upgraded hub's axle.

To my mind this means you have to match the upgraded hub with an upgraded spindle.

Apologies to guys already au fait with this.

joe

Last edited by gotojoe; 11-24-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 06:18 AM

Joe

Thanks for the info.

As you know I am looking at ensuring my hub(s) are all in tip top condition for next year. Can you confirm for me that the hubs are interchangeable between the F4 and Brutale (pre 2010) or were there variations throughout the years?

Also do you have a part number(s) for the upgraded hub and spindle, as presumably I would need to avoid these as options unless I were to change both, which economically is not viable at this time?

Thanks for all your help to date.

Regards

Dave

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBrut View Post
Joe

Thanks for the info.

As you know I am looking at ensuring my hub(s) are all in tip top condition for next year. Can you confirm for me that the hubs are interchangeable between the F4 and Brutale (pre 2010) or were there variations throughout the years?

Also do you have a part number(s) for the upgraded hub and spindle, as presumably I would need to avoid these as options unless I were to change both, which economically is not viable at this time?

Thanks for all your help to date.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes the pre 2010 hubs are interchangeable across Brutale and F4 also.

You are unlikely to be given a 2010 hub by mistake as they are dearer. If you do get one thank your lucky stars as you'll make a profit !

The casting number on a 2009 and previous hub ( as far as I know ) is 84892 .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 07:19 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Great information, Joe. Could this mean MV Agusta will no longer sell the older hub? It still doesn't explain why the old axle, 800092888, is no longer available.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Great information, Joe. Could this mean MV Agusta will no longer sell the older hub? It still doesn't explain why the old axle, 800092888, is no longer available.

Carl, On the basis that MV supply the Hub/bearings as a complete assembly then they will continue to have a demand for new hubs as not everybody will wish to change them and dealers have to off set the cost of the new o/e part against buying the bearings separately and employing labour with attendant costs to fit.

The old axles don't wear as fast as the hubs so I imagine the demand for them is paltry.

My post was to flag the incompatibility of a 2010 upgraded hub with a pre 2010 spindle...( in as far as I can reason )...

When I get my hub ( thank u ) ..I'll do an experiment and see how it sits...etc.

cheers

joe
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 07:45 AM
CAG

So MV is now selling the new hub and axle as a complete assembly. Whether you need an axle or not.

This sounds like very good news for Mitch and anyone with a supply of the old axles. Ahem.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 07:47 AM

New Site Garage
Smile +1

Quote:
So MV is now selling the new hub and axle as a complete assembly. Whether you need an axle or not.

This sounds like very good news for Mitch and anyone with a supply of the old axles. Ahem.
You have more , lol.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 08:28 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:

Carl..

The 2009/10 hub's only came as a complete kit which included the hub unit, new spindle and spacer.. Over here they are approc £620..

As far as I'm aware, the kit was only ever supplied as the 3 listed components.

I've attached a picture of what came as part of the kit and also an installation instruction..
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Fitting instructions NEW Rear Hub Kit.pdf (229.6 KB, 162 views)

EMAIL :
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 10:58 AM
CAG

Yes, that is what we are being told; the hub and axle are not available separately. Also, the part number for the axle found in all the parts manuals is no longer valid.

You can't use the new hub with the old axle and spacer, but can you use the new axle and spacer with the old hub? Or the new axle with the old spacer and old hub?

Last edited by CAG; 11-24-2011 at 11:02 AM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

On my project bike I used a 2010 Hub with a 2010 axle and a 2010 spacer. I sent the swing arm to Noel and had a beer : )

I sold the 2007 Hub along with it's axle to a man who wanted that set up.

When I get the latest Upgraded hub over here I'll see if it goes together as I don't feel inclined to dismantle my F4 just to see lol ...

joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode