Clutch Banjo Switch - Forum Sponsors - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Clutch Banjo Switch - Forum Sponsors

Hi Guys, as the heading says, calling on mainly our forum sponsors. I am URGENTLY looking for a Brembo Banjo Hydraulic switch, I will be using it on my 16x18 and RCS 16 clutch Mastercylinders.
I need at least one urgently but if the price is right I will buy two from whoever helps me out here.
I know I have seen them on one of the site's on the forum but for the life of me I can't find it again.
The switch will be wired to my cluth so that I can start my bike while it is in gear without having to find neutral first.
I enclosed a picture for info, but ignore the price as I don't know how old the pic is.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 05:18 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Hi Guys, as the heading says, calling on mainly our forum sponsors. I am URGENTLY looking for a Brembo Banjo Hydraulic switch, I will be using it on my 16x18 and RCS 16 clutch Mastercylinders.
I need at least one urgently but if the price is right I will buy two from whoever helps me out here.
I know I have seen them on one of the site's on the forum but for the life of me I can't find it again.
The switch will be wired to my cluth so that I can start my bike while it is in gear without having to find neutral first.
I enclosed a picture for info, but ignore the price as I don't know how old the pic is.
Consider it taken care of Dons

Regards

Al

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Smile +100

Thanks Al, your generosity, together with Rob_b, PhilAgusta, theknurl, MRT, Tony Dexter and CAG, to name but a few, has made this a great week for the #33 team.
Thanks soo much. You can't wipe the grin of my mug at the moment, I am getting real excited over here.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 09:41 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks Al, your generosity, together with Rob_b, PhilAgusta, theknurl, MRT, Tony Dexter and CAG, to name but a few, has made this a great week for the #33 team.
Thanks soo much. You can't wipe the grin of my mug at the moment, I am getting real excited over here.
More than Welcome Dons

Regards

Al

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 11:03 AM

A jumper wire across the clutch switch plug should give you that option . It works on a 750. Not ideal combined with race shift drum and a jumper on sidestand as well. Having no neutral light forgetfull folks can fire their bikes off side stands.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Post No can do Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmivvi View Post
A jumper wire across the clutch switch plug should give you that option . It works on a 750. Not ideal combined with race shift drum and a jumper on sidestand as well. Having no neutral light forgetfull folks can fire their bikes off side stands.
There is no clutch switch wiring, and with the Microtec ECU which has to see Neutral to start, my plan is to tap into the neutral switch wire to fool the ECU into thinking I'm in Neutral when I pull the clutch. Lucky I have no sidestand either .

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 06:13 PM

Thats a bugger.
So how does a microtec see neutral if you have a race shift drum. Think I answered my question I remember with the neutral switch wire connected it showed neutral all the time. Its been 6yrs since but 2 bikes both with race shift one showed the neutral light all the time and none on the other, one was disconnected, which is all irellevant anyway if you are using a linkage or road pattern.
I'll get back in my box.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thumbs up Hahaha

Quote:
Thats a bugger.
So how does a microtec see neutral if you have a race shift drum. Think I answered my question I remember with the neutral switch wire connected it showed neutral all the time. Its been 6yrs since but 2 bikes both with race shift one showed the neutral light all the time and none on the other, one was disconnected, which is all irellevant anyway if you are using a linkage or road pattern.
I'll get back in my box.
Hi Ian
No stress mate, always good to discuss these things. I don't use the Race shift drum (too expensive), instead I just use a linkage to get Race Pattern Shifting.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 10:38 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink ?

Quote:
Thats a bugger.
So how does a microtec see neutral if you have a race shift drum. Think I answered my question I remember with the neutral switch wire connected it showed neutral all the time. Its been 6yrs since but 2 bikes both with race shift one showed the neutral light all the time and none on the other, one was disconnected, which is all irrelevant anyway if you are using a linkage or road pattern.
I'll get back in my box.
Quote:
Hi Ian
No stress mate, always good to discuss these things. I don't use the Race shift drum (too expensive), instead I just use a linkage to get Race Pattern Shifting.
its the depth of the plunger on the neutral switch that shows neutral, the neutral notch on the shift 'star' is the shallow one......its the same 'star' on both drums......its the shift fork grooves that are different

Donsy i wish i'd known you needed a drum i sold one 2 months ago for $150
http://store.proitalia.com/mv-agusta...-p-148149.html

still cheaper than linkage rear sets

Ian, you must pull the transmission in gear or remove the neutral switch 1st or it ruins the switch

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Donsy i wish i'd known you needed a drum i sold one 2 months ago for $150
http://store.proitalia.com/mv-agusta...-p-148149.html

still cheaper than linkage rear sets
No stress Noel
I have been using rearsets right from the start because I am too tall for regular fitting units. So using a linkage was the easy way for me to get reverse shift.
If you do ever run into the SPR close ratio g-box, I would be interested, that tall first gear could be very handy.
And the shorter gearing might allow me to go back to a smaller rear sprocket maybe and use less chain etc.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode