HELP! Rear Blinker Problem. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

HELP! Rear Blinker Problem.

So as part of my tail tidy effort for my 2010 F4, I opted to change the blinkers rather than customize the stock ones.

So I know I should have waited until I got my shop manual for this thing.. but I figured, The damn thing already has LED Blinkers on it, So it shouldn't have been a problem. But it is.

I did not use the extras that came with the new blinkers (flasher unit, resistor, etc)... because of course the stupid bike already had LEDs and presumably a flasher unit there somewhere.

But of course they don't work.

Advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 07:52 AM

"Don't work" as in no light or fast flash rate ???
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 08:28 AM

I tried this too, but if the LEDs are different then it won't work. they'll flass too fast. Look at what I did with the stock blinkers.
http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39785

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

yeah, I may have to do that... The LED's I got don't flash at all... so what... does MV put all the resistor and flasher crap in the signal housing? crazy... I'll try and wire them up with the resistors and all that business see what comes of it.

I've mangled the new signals so no returning them, kinda committed to using them now... but you know what... I think I might relocate my originals as you did, Chris. Might need to have you come over and lend a wrench. You got a shop manual for this damn bike? Mine are apparently being shipped from Italy, by sea turtle.

L
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totale View Post
"Don't work" as in no light or fast flash rate ???
No flash / light at all.

The lights came with a resistor, and what looks like a flash unit (per light) which is typical of LED applications going in place of standard bulbs. None of that garbage is wired into the circuit. The signals are wired directly (via reused connectors from the originals) to the harness.

No joy -- at all.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 09:12 AM

They light up if you try them across a battery? - you have got the polarity right I assume??

any circuit diagram supplied - if so did it show resistor in series with the Led?

Last edited by Totale; 11-04-2011 at 09:17 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Polarity is correct... there was no wiring diagram (of course) but not my first rodeo... from the parts and connectors it looks like (per side)

[Signal] == [Flasher unit?] == [Resistor] == [Harness]

of course I left out the stuff in the middle. it should at a minimum light (if not flash) of course it doesn't. my question is, does MV have the resistors and flash unit at the harness or are they somehow built into the signals?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 AM

We can get together some day next week if you want, and put your stockers in the vents like I did. Just hit me up.

Chris
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Update: I think the LED units themselves are dead. they don't illuminate no matter what, direct wired to the battery, using the resistors in line (which shouldn't matter since they're just a load equalizer) or having the flasher unit in line. -- back to the store.

For the other folks here, though, check my assumption: I can hook generic LED lights up to the 2010 MV without any of the garbage in between, because MV's are stock with LED flashers.

Correct?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

For those seeking an answer to the one I asked above. Correct. The 2010MV has the proper load resistance and flash unit for LEDs... and you need only direct 1 for 1 replace the LED tail lights with new lights.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode