Bazzaz for a 312? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Bazzaz for a 312? or race ecu and PC5?

Has anyone tired a bazzaz on a312 f4? Is it compatible?
Looking for an option to a $1300 microtec, Is a race ECU and a PC3 or Bazzaz an option?

Last edited by DoomwithanF4; 10-18-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 11:40 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomwithanF4 View Post
Looking for an option to a $1300 microtec, Is a race ECU and a PC3 or Bazzaz an option?
Race ECU and PC5 is an option, but less of a price also gives you less results. I have looked into Bazzaz in the past and could not find anything for the F4, might have changed though.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 03:26 AM
X81

Quote:

With the greatest respect why spend anything when the problem with the running of a 312 is ignition related and not fuel (well not as much as people think).

Nothing and i mean Nothing commercially available offers you access to the ignition maps other than a Microtec.

I've been in your position, i've spent months researching options for my customers and the only one that i found that did everything and more was the Microtec. No it isn't cheap but $ for $ it offers far greater value for money and opens up the full potential of the bike.

If you're buying new then prices here break down as follows.

Race ECU 350-400
PCV 310 ish
Dyno time 150 ish

Grand total 810-860 ish

For that you get to turn the 02 sensor off as dyno jet still don't offer a cure for that and you get to only adjust fuel by intercepting the signal not actually controlling the timing.

The Microtec from me is as follows.

ECU 968.40
Fitting and mapping 231.60

Totals 1200.

Both sets of prices include our sales tax here which is 20% Which doesn't apply to you.

The Microtec will allow fuel adjustemnt to each injector individually, ignition adjustment, quickshifter input, switchable maps, launch control, pit limiter, adjustable rev limit, and proper user defined fuel and ignition transients not a global adjustment like other piggyback units. With extra sensors it has the potential to offer a lot more as well.

My advice is if you can't justify a Microtec then that's cool but please don't waste good money after bad trying to acheive a similar result for less, it isn't out there and you will just waste your cash. You would get better value for money changing that cash into $1 bills and going to a titty bar for the weekend or if that ain't your thang then spend it on fireworks or something.

Your suggestion is an option yes; but not a very good one.

As an aside i had a customer drop his MV off the other day. whilst he was here i let him have a go on another bike similar to his that had the ECU fitted just to give him an idea of what we were aiming to achieve.

He was gone just under 10 minutes and came back saying "if you can do that to my bike i'll be a very happy man indeed. You can feel the difference just pulling out the drive way let alone just riding it".

I have a gravel drive here so crap running bikes show up on this type of surface quite easily.

I stand by the product, it allows the bike to work properly but saying that it is only as good as the map being installed into it...........crap map = crap bike

Last edited by X81; 10-19-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 04:06 AM

New Site Garage
Cool Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by X81 View Post
With the greatest respect why spend anything when the problem with the running of a 312 is ignition related and not fuel (well not as much as people think).

Nothing and i mean Nothing commercially available offers you access to the ignition maps other than a Microtec.

I've been in your position, i've spent months researching options for my customers and the only one that i found that did everything and more was the Microtec. No it isn't cheap but $ for $ it offers far greater value for money and opens up the full potential of the bike.

If you're buying new then prices here break down as follows.

Race ECU 350-400
PCV 310 ish
Dyno time 150 ish

Grand total 810-860 ish

For that you get to turn the 02 sensor off as dyno jet still don't offer a cure for that and you get to only adjust fuel by intercepting the signal not actually controlling the timing.

The Microtec from me is as follows.

ECU 968.40
Fitting and mapping 231.60

Totals 1200.

Both sets of prices include our sales tax here which is 20% Which doesn't apply to you.

The Microtec will allow fuel adjustemnt to each injector individually, ignition adjustment, quickshifter input, switchable maps, launch control, pit limiter, adjustable rev limit, and proper user defined fuel and ignition transients not a global adjustment like other piggyback units. With extra sensors it has the potential to offer a lot more as well.

My advice is if you can't justify a Microtec then that's cool but please don't waste good money after bad trying to acheive a similar result for less, it isn't out there and you will just waste your cash. You would get better value for money changing that cash into 1 bills and going to a titty bar for the weekend or if that ain't your thang then spend it on fireworks or something.

Your suggestion is an option yes; but not a very good one.

As an aside i had a customer drop his MV off the other day. whilst he was here i let him have a go on another bike similar to his that had the ECU fitted just to give him an idea of what we were aiming to achieve.

He was gone just under 10 minutes and came back saying "if you can do that to my bike i'll be a very happy man indeed. You can feel the difference just pulling out the drive way let alone just riding it".

I have a gravel drive here so crap running bikes show up on this type of surface quite easily.

I stand by the product, it allows the bike to work properly but saying that it is only as good as the map being installed into it...........crap map = crap bike

That's what I meant

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 04:21 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
That's what I meant
I thought so but you're a man of few words Dons so i thought i'd pad it out a bit for you
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 04:23 AM

X81 good answer. .... Does it take an expert to fit all that stuff?

How does 'launch control' work is there a switch to turn everything off or is it all done thru the computer???

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 04:30 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman View Post
X81 good answer. .... Does it take an expert to fit all that stuff?

How does 'launch control' work is there a switch to turn everything off or is it all done thru the computer???
Dons is ya man for the launch control. I've never actually used it personally (stupid i know but just never got round to it) whereas Dons has used it in anger racing i believe.

It's controlled by an external switch that connects to the Main communication 20pin plug. switch it on to set Launch control, when it reaches a threshold sped it wil revert things to normal.

Possibly this winter i will be exploring some of this stuff like i should have done 2 winters ago

Fitting the ECU is simple, unbolt old one, bolt new one in, plug it in and away you go.

Mapping involves a bit more expertise but equally is not impossible to learn if you have an amount of common sense and some patience and shockingly you have to go against the LAW of MAN and read the manual...................i know i know it's just plain wrong but in this instance reading the manual does actually help

Otherwise it's a doddle
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 06:41 AM
X81

Quote:

Also as a side effect of fitting the ECU and it having a proper map installed i have been told that bikes are running around 10 degC cooler if not more.................which is a very nice side effect to gain.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
I just bought complete bazzaz kits little over $1300 for my Duc, when I called for support WTF they don't know what the fuck I was talking about, giving me all kind of bad direction, their so new on market most of phone supporter don't even know what the hell they were talking about. I don't think they made one for MV yet.
I would go with Xbike (Microtec), he does show a lot of support even those you buy a use Microtec from a forum members, he does stand behind his product and know what he talking about, I like that
Attached Images

07-MV Senna 201/300 My wife gift for my BD
05-MV F4 Track bike
16-Ducati DVT-S
10-Ducati 1198R
08-Ducati 1098
09-Ducati 848 Her bike turn in track bike

Last edited by PhilAgusta; 10-19-2011 at 07:23 AM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 11:28 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up Giggling hard over here

Sorry Chris, I was just reading Phil's report on the Bazzaz crap hehehe.(Should see the BMW boys cry)
Anyway, we will have a chat in the off season and maybe get a bit of a write-up going for the boys about how to connect quick shifters and make launch control work etc. I love this ECU and think it is worth more than any bling most blokes put on their bikes.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode