Microtec Results 1000s - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Microtec Results 1000s

Ok, firstly, please accept my apologies for taking such a long time to post this (work and a recently bought ducati diavel are my excuses) I also wanted to spend enough time on the bike to be able to post some feedback that others might find useful

Secondly, I am not a bike journalist, so please forgive me if the following doesn't make sense, but this is posted to help others who are interested who are thinking of investing their cash

When I bought the bike I was at first pleased to find that it took some managing due to the inconsistent throttle (I also have a 2005 KTM Superduke, so know all about throttles that are "challanging"). However, I noticed that I wasn't taking the mv out much, certainly the early sunday norning trips out to the wilds of essex were not that much fun and generally the superduke got the nod. I did a fair amount of research and got in touch with chris and agreed that he would take the bike as a prototype.

The bike I now have is a different animal, the best compliment I can give is that I do not notice the throttle anymore, I simply ask for X and get X, it feels like a very sharp early R1. I have also noticed that the high temps I had before are also gone. (that may be down the the cat being removed?)

The installation is neat and can be reversed at any time, although to be honest the bike is now very much a keeper, where as before, it wasn't as I can't stand having bikes that don't get used.

In summary, I would say to anybody who is considering the Microtec to go right ahead and do it, you'll only regret the time you wasted not getting it done.

I hope the above helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 09:26 PM
lee

I'll second that. Best $$ ever spent.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 09:50 PM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up +100

Oh yeah !

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 10:17 AM

Its on my TO DO list! hopefullly sooner than later.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 01:09 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up MicroTec

i bought a used MicroTec from squibby, Simon......serial #37

just bolt it on?.....
hey Massimo why is the ECU mounted on the backside of the mount?
and why in the fuck is the ECU mount heat treated??????

under 2,500 RPM my '08 910R was absolutely the WORST fueled bike i EVER rode.....
with the stock ECU
and with the race ECU too

put the MicroTec on it......and who knows what map it has in it?......

the Grand Canyon hole is GONE.....in city traffic, not bumper to bumper.....its running 183-5 degF.....about 15 deg cooler

fans come on ~187 deg instead of 199 deg

yes, the idle is too high.....but its ridable under 2,500 unlike stock

and the ECU no longer controls the starter motor.....ever notice that you just touch the starter button and it keeps cranking until it starts? what happens if it doesn't start.......does it keep cranking

i've done no tuning, nothing......my computer isn't reading discs....so i can't play yet, need to use a neighbor's computer to dump the disc to a flash drive so i can play....and this '08 is already 1000% better

i get this head pipe, mid pipe length crap sorted, weld a 02 bung in and slap a Lambda meter on it .....i'll fix the fueling

best mod you can do to an '08 Brutale is put a MicroTec on it

stock ECU sucked....giant hole off idle
race ECU sucked too, same hole and it had a hunting idle, yes i set the TPS with the VDSTS

I'm a way happier camper

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 01-23-2012 at 07:30 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:51 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
i bought a used MicroTec from squibby, Simon......serial #37

just bolt it on?.....
hey Massimo why is the ECU mounted on the backside of the mount?
and why in the fuck is the ECU mount heat treated??????

under 2,500 RPM my '08 910R was absolutely the WORST fueled bike i EVER rode.....
with the stock ECU
and with the race ECU too

put the MicroTec on it......and who knows what map it has in it?......

the Grand Canyon hole is GONE.....in city traffic, not bumper to bumper.....its running 183-5 degF.....about 15 deg cooler

fans come on ~194 deg instead of 199 deg

yes, the idle is too high.....but its ridable under 2,500 unlike stock

and the ECU no longer controls the starter motor.....ever notice that you just touch the starter button and it keeps cranking until it starts? what happens if it doesn't start.......does it keep cranking

i've done no tuning, nothing......my computer isn't reading discs....so i can't play yet, need to use a neighbor's computer to dump the disc to a flash drive so i can play....and this '08 is already 1000% better

i get this head pipe, mid pipe length crap sorted, weld a 02 bung in and slap a Lambda meter on it .....i'll fix the fueling

best mod you can do to an '08 Brutale is put a MicroTec on it

stock ECU sucked....giant hole off idle
race ECU sucked too, same hole and it had a hunting idle, yes i set the TPS with the VDSTS

I'm a way happier camper
I'll take that as a well done then shall i?

And just think, all of that improvement without the need for a MAP sensor Surely it can't be so...............say it ain't so ma

Seriously though the map you are running is no doubt an evolution of one of mine, depending what has been changed there is possibly a different ignition map that you could run that might smooth the initial throttle opening a little bit more.

Glad you're enjoying it
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:57 AM

New Site Garage
Smile hehehe

I was soo waiting for that response Chris . Glad Noel is happy, for now at least

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Established Member

Congrats Noel!

Dammit, too long a wait for a used M180X

So Noneyet, named so because he had no MV Agusta in the garage when he joined the forum. Brutale 910 R has been sold, so now maybe he's "had one".
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up Chris's MicroTec

you did a great job Chris, my hat is off to you

hey Chris my set up disc is blank.....so i can't play or get the idle speed down (2,000rpm)

but an Alpha/N system like on the MV is primitive

look at the Seimens system on an Aprilia RSVR
an IAC motor and the ECU set idle speed, you never do anything
you never 'set' TPS, the ECU sees the closed throttle as zero
you never play with the bypass screws
the FPR references manifold pressure to keep the spray pattern the same
don't get me wrong, they don't know how to run in closed loop, so 02 sensing is deleted in MAP 2 (the performance setting)

my Alpha/N injected BMW R1150GS just averaged 40.9 MPG over 950mi running 80-85 mph going from LA to Phoenix and back
my vacuum carburettored BMW R75/5 averaged 54.7mpg between Heidelberg Germany and Copenhagen Denmark at 110-115mph

on flat ground my Mother's '04 Lexus RX-330 strains to get 24mpg @ 65mph

my '66 Chevy El Camino with a 7.5 liter motor AVERAGES 22.9 city/highway......yes, it took a looooong time to get it there and that was before Lambda meters too
on decel over ~2,500 rpm, it will pull as much as 65deg of ignition advance so i can pull all the fuel out

again Chris, the MicroTec you supplied to Squibby.....with whatever map it has in it now, is 1000% better than stock

i just can't play with it

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 05:06 AM

I must admit it's transformed by bike from a bit of a sluggish pig into a entirely different bike . The throttle response is soooooo much better !! I also found the temperature to be at least 5 degrees cooler and it took longer to creep up at lights. It's definitely worth the money . Thanks chris great job

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode