1078 track bike exhaust - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
AEI
New Member
 
AEI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 48
1078 track bike exhaust

Whatīs the best exhaust option for a 1078 track bike performance wise?

I donīt care to much about the looks, just performance.

Anybody with dyno charts maybe?
AEI is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:34 AM
Senior Member
 
adamv1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: melbourne australia
Posts: 2,323
I know what looks good and sounds great and that is bodis exhaust.

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
adamv1000 is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,055
New Site Garage
Post Performance

Zard or Bodis, dyno charts mean squit if you don't have a before and after reading.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Senior Member
 
adamv1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: melbourne australia
Posts: 2,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Zard or Bodis, dyno charts mean squit if you don't have a before and after reading.
What about your pipes D..?

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
adamv1000 is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 06:07 AM
X81
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wisbech, cambs/norfolk, UK
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEI View Post
Whatīs the best exhaust option for a 1078 track bike performance wise?

I donīt care to much about the looks, just performance.

Anybody with dyno charts maybe?

Sir will be requiring a ZARD!!!! full system then. Huge, gigantic, massive boost to mid range ridability and torque plusa nice sound and some extra top end power, big bonus though is the mid range boost to pwoer and torque.

Also a Microtec while you're there for even more of everything everywhere

attached is a dyno sheet from our 2006 1000R race bike. It didn't even have a microtec fitted to it as this run is 5 years old. However the gain in the middle is the same, All MV's have the dip that a twin can full system removes, i just happen to think that the zard is slightly better out of the available full systems.

Attached Images
 
X81 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 06:19 AM
Senior Member
 
proddieracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milton Keynes UK
Posts: 517
Congrats on the 1078 312RR I see from the profile that you bought a new one in the end.

Surely a Bodis full system would be best, as you are then dealing with a German company i.e. local


Allan

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends ?
proddieracer is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
AEI
New Member
 
AEI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 48
Dear Allan,

no, I had this bike before! Itīs my street bike.
I will go for another 1078 and convert it to a track bike.
Will keep the other 1078 and use in on the street.

I found now another 1078 in germany which I will have to check
this week.

thankīs again for all your patience and efforts.

DANIEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by proddieracer View Post
Congrats on the 1078 312RR I see from the profile that you bought a new one in the end.

Surely a Bodis full system would be best, as you are then dealing with a German company i.e. local


Allan
AEI is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
AEI
New Member
 
AEI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 48
Hi Chris,

thankīs for your advice. I already thought about the ZARD system or the Arrow Thunder competition. Both seem to increase the power by around 12hp!

What is your experience with the ZARD quality wise?
Do you have a sound file or a video clip where we can here the bike
running with the ZARD system?

P.S. Did you already ship out the missing connector for my microtec???


brgds,
DANIEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by X81 View Post
Sir will be requiring a ZARD!!!! full system then. Huge, gigantic, massive boost to mid range ridability and torque plusa nice sound and some extra top end power, big bonus though is the mid range boost to pwoer and torque.

Also a Microtec while you're there for even more of everything everywhere

attached is a dyno sheet from our 2006 1000R race bike. It didn't even have a microtec fitted to it as this run is 5 years old. However the gain in the middle is the same, All MV's have the dip that a twin can full system removes, i just happen to think that the zard is slightly better out of the available full systems.

AEI is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 07:54 AM
X81
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wisbech, cambs/norfolk, UK
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEI View Post
Hi Chris,

thankīs for your advice. I already thought about the ZARD system or the Arrow Thunder competition. Both seem to increase the power by around 12hp!

What is your experience with the ZARD quality wise?
Do you have a sound file or a video clip where we can here the bike
running with the ZARD system?

P.S. Did you already ship out the missing connector for my microtec???


brgds,
DANIEL
Ah it's so hard putting user names to real names sometimes, i thought i knew who you were but wasn't sure. Yeah the connector has left already, shoudl be with you any time soon.

Quality is pretty good, all in stainless steel so not the lightest but i prefer the looks as the cans are neat and suit the rear of the F4. This is of course just my opinion but i think the arrow cans are too thin and square for the rear of the MV.

Also the headers etc polish up lovely and turn a wonderful shade of gold when used

Not got a sound clip but will see what i can do for you.
X81 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 123
FACEMAN is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome