Design Corse Brutale seat cover - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Design Corse Brutale seat cover

I spotted this beautiful seat cover recently on Al's site http://www.designcorse.co.uk/MV_Agus...er_Seat_Covers and just had to have it!
The quality is exceptional and I couldn't be happier with it.
It has to be said I was a little daunted at the prospect of fitting it as I have no experience with fitting 'upholstery' and I had to 'ask around' and consult numerous 'you tube' videos to get familiar with the procedure.
If you get one of these covers and are not confident...or foolhardy...like me! then maybe get a 'pro' to fit it for you as it 'may' work out cheaper (I had to buy a heavy duty staple gun..spray adhesive...staples etc)
I've enclosed some shots of the finished seat both on and off the bike.
Right Al....when are you getting in the 'pillion' one?......I'm on a roll!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 02:51 AM

Brian, I have one on order with Al due hopefully in the next week or two so will no doubt be in touch to get some additional tips! Have fitted car seat covers before but that did not involve spray adhesive!

By the way looks like your usual high quality of workmanship has gone into this yet again. All the best, Dave

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 04:47 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
I spotted this beautiful seat cover recently on Al's site http://www.designcorse.co.uk/MV_Agus...er_Seat_Covers and just had to have it!
It has to be said I was a little daunted at the prospect of fitting it as I have no experience with fitting 'upholstery' and I had to 'ask around' and consult numerous 'you tube' videos to get familiar with the procedure.
If you get one of these covers and are not confident...or foolhardy...like me! then maybe get a 'pro' to fit it for you as it 'may' work out cheaper (I had to buy a heavy duty staple gun..spray adhesive...staples etc)
Looking good Brian

We will have the pillion cover available end of this week or begin of next. Keep an eye out on our market place. Glad your happy with the quality

Regards

Al

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBrut View Post
Brian, I have one on order with Al due hopefully in the next week or two so will no doubt be in touch to get some additional tips! Have fitted car seat covers before but that did not involve spray adhesive!

By the way looks like your usual high quality of workmanship has gone into this yet again. All the best, Dave
If I'd known you'd fitted car seat covers before Dave, I'd have been looking 'tips' from you!!.
Glad you like how it came out....and I'm sure you'll be fine when you come to fit yours....I am a complete novice!.
Thanks for your kind comments .....the bike is a never ending work in progress!.
Cheers Brian.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 03:42 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
The seat looks beautiful. But will you tell us more about the installation of it.
The result looks professional.

Would it not be able to convert back to original look?
Did you have to glue it to the existing seat?
Which staple gun did you buy?
How long did you use on the installation?

I had set this up on my next order from DesignCorse, but are a little unsure if I can not install it.

Brutale 910R Hydrogen

And White bullet
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
That is a very nice looking seat.!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 910BrutaleHydrogen Norway View Post
The seat looks beautiful. But will you tell us more about the installation of it.
The result looks professional.

Would it not be able to convert back to original look?
Did you have to glue it to the existing seat?
Which staple gun did you buy?
How long did you use on the installation?

I had set this up on my next order from DesignCorse, but are a little unsure if I can not install it.
Thanks Glenn for your kind comments...I'm glad you like it.
As I have never fitted any seat covers before I looked at many 'you tube' videos regarding this and none of them used any adhesive but staples only. So I bought an electric staple gun made by 'stanley' but it was not powerful enough so I bought another one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...#ht_2320wt_905 and this one was fine...however you'll also need some 6mm staples. I removed the existing 'vinyl' OEM cover prising out all the staples and following what I had seen on 'you tube' by 'stretching' the edges of the new cover over the seat base and stapling the new one in place evenly and trying not to get any 'wrinkles'. However no matter how much I tried I could not get the new cover to sit 'into' the 'dip' toward rear of the seat. So I took it off again and reluctantly used some spray adhesive in this area to get it to sit flat. It worked...BUT unfortunately the new cover is now stuck to the foam of the seat and you can NEVER remove it without tearing the foam!. As I said in an earlier post it would probably have been cheaper etc to get a 'pro' to fit it for me. And now if I want the bike back to standard I'll have to buy another seat!....so I'm looking on ebay to see if I can pick up a cheap one. I'm very happy with the end result....but the way I done it is permanent!. So perhaps if you can get it to sit flat by just staples (no glue) or get a professional to do it for you. Also when you use spray glue like I did you HAVE to get it right first time as if you get it wrong....you CAN't get it off to fix it!.....so I wouldn't recommend it. Better to be safe than sorry!! Hope this helps. Cheers Brian.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
That is a very nice looking seat.!!
Cheers Ed...Glad you like it. Al says he's getting in the pillion one in soon so I'm looking forward to seeing that. But I dunno if I can face the stress of fitting it as per my post above!!.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Now what I need is that cover in Red alcantara instead of black/grey...obviousoy with the embroidery in black, not red....hmmmm. AL?

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lance05750 Send a message via Skype™ to Lance05750
Thats one good looking seat

05 subaru wrx sti
05 Brutale s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode