MY10 Brutales Full Exhaust System problem.. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 01:48 AM Thread Starter

Post MY10 Brutales Full Exhaust System problem..

Does anyone know the reason why after a thousand kms of installing a Full Exhaust System on MY10 Brutales the bike shuts off all the time due the irregular idle rpm when the bike is started ??
Happened to several bikes here ...
Thanks for your help or advise guys!

-MV Agusta Korea-
F4 CC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Javier RojasTo view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ffice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ffice" />To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>
>

General ManagerTo view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>
>

>
>

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']MOTOQUAD Corp.[/FONT]To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>
>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 03:15 AM
Established Member

Hello Korea: Two questions.

1. Did the new exhaust system come with a new ECU?

2. If yes, a new ECU was supplied, was the new ECU electronically reset to recognize the TPS position on this bike?

Best wishes,
Dick
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Yup it came with a new ECU and reset to recognize the TPS position..
But the RPM idling becomes a bit irregular after +/-1000kms from the intalation of the full system ..

4cases now

Thanks a lot for your interest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racasey View Post
Hello Korea: Two questions.

1. Did the new exhaust system come with a new ECU?

2. If yes, a new ECU was supplied, was the new ECU electronically reset to recognize the TPS position on this bike?

Best wishes,
Dick

-MV Agusta Korea-
F4 CC

Javier RojasTo view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ffice
ffice" />To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>
>

General ManagerTo view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>
>

>
>

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']MOTOQUAD Corp.[/FONT]To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>
>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 06:35 AM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lance05750 Send a message via Skype™ to Lance05750
This is off topic but i was at your shop about a month ago.. nice place btw.. good luck with your issue

05 subaru wrx sti
05 Brutale s
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Established Member

Hi Korea,

Is there enough slack on the throttle cables, so they don't pull on the butterfly valves permanently?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 02:07 PM

Also I am not sure but I think there is a secondary air port that has a valve on it. When installing the full system, it needs to be blocked off. The full exhaust should have come with a blank. Sometimes it is left out. I have heard that just flipping the valve around does the same thing.

Then again, I may be totally wrong! Just going from memory here sorry!

Motovation is now on Facebook -
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazadore View Post
Also I am not sure but I think there is a secondary air port that has a valve on it. When installing the full system, it needs to be blocked off. The full exhaust should have come with a blank. Sometimes it is left out. I have heard that just flipping the valve around does the same thing.

Then again, I may be totally wrong! Just going from memory here sorry!
Cazadore has it right. Exhaust should come with 2 plastic caps and one rubber plug. Their for blocking-off the Secondary Air System (SAS). The Rubber Plug goes on the bottom of the AirBox to block the line to the SAS, the Plastic Caps snap onto the Valve Cover, blocking-off the other two lines from the SAS. I chose to then remove the SAS Valve completely, and cap off the wirering to it.
Don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but mine runs very well after the install. No Problems.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 05:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up

bump the idle speed to ~1250rpm, with the race ECU my 910R's idle wanders if i just barely turn the throttle it smooths out.....never dies though
i don't think the map goes under 1200rpm

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 09-27-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode