Y10 1090 Brutale Full MV Corse Ti system and Race ECU - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Y10 1090 Brutale Full MV Corse Ti system and Race ECU

Just purchased full Ti exhaust system for my 1090 from Evolutionbike.it (Service and help par excellence from Gabriele, and delivery time to Aus amazingly fast!!!) and was after some advice regarding the race ECU that came with the system prior to fitting.
I'm sure it's a good bit of kit but I was wondering whether it would be better to fit a Microtech ECU instead?

Any thoughts or advice regarding the ECU's would be most welcome.

Regards,
Stu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 01:13 AM

All I want is to see pics brother..

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 02:39 AM

New Site Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStu View Post
Just purchased full Ti exhaust system for my 1090 from Evolutionbike.it (Service and help par excellence from Gabriele, and delivery time to Aus amazingly fast!!!) and was after some advice regarding the race ECU that came with the system prior to fitting.
I'm sure it's a good bit of kit but I was wondering whether it would be better to fit a Microtech ECU instead?

Any thoughts or advice regarding the ECU's would be most welcome.

Regards,
Stu
Hi mate and welcome to the Forum, don't go too hastily installing the electronics, there is a few thing that need blanking off, get in touch with Justin from TrooperLu, he is one of the site sponsors but/and runs a great shop and has experience in the installation of these systems on the 1090's.
The ecu supplied will do fine if installed right, but the Microtec ECU is a in completely different class.
Good luck

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Hi Donsy, thanks for the reply, I wasn't trying to get ahead of myself but I was under the impression that Chris from X Bikes had a 'plug and play' map to suit the Brutale which would be equal or better than the MV Corse ECU and would at least be programmable/alterable 'down the road', and was just considering fitting it whilst I had everything pulled apart. My main goals are improved/smoother throttle response particularly at low RPM's, and greatly improved fuelling as this thing runs waaaayy too rich. Happy to run with the MV Corse ECU and have taken on board your your comments regarding the microtec ECU being 'next level' thinking. cheers,
Stu
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Cheers matey
Just do laps and enjoy it.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 01:20 PM
X81

Quote:
Hi Donsy, thanks for the reply, I wasn't trying to get ahead of myself but I was under the impression that Chris from X Bikes had a 'plug and play' map to suit the Brutale which would be equal or better than the MV Corse ECU and would at least be programmable/alterable 'down the road', and was just considering fitting it whilst I had everything pulled apart. My main goals are improved/smoother throttle response particularly at low RPM's, and greatly improved fuelling as this thing runs waaaayy too rich. Happy to run with the MV Corse ECU and have taken on board your your comments regarding the microtec ECU being 'next level' thinking. cheers,
Stu

hi, yeah we do have a plug and play ECU but the 1090 is not a bike i have written any base maps for just yet.

I did have a guy lined but plans conspired against us and it wasn't to be

The minute i get one in i'll post up results but for the moemnt all i can supply is the ECU and a generic base map supplied to me (ok but will need lots of work)

cheers
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Chris, will install what I have here and see how it all goes. Will keep an eye out for future developments re the Microtec ECU.
Anyone have any reports on differences between Std system and the full Ti and ECU installation?
Is there anything in particular to be aware of during the installation?

Thanks,
Stu.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Chris, will install what I have here and see how it all goes. Will keep an eye out for future developments re the Microtec ECU.
Anyone have any reports on differences between Std system and the full Ti and ECU installation?
Is there anything in particular to be aware of during the installation?

Thanks,
Stu.
Get in contact with Getec on the forum he has some experience with all that.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Site Sponsor

Guys the MV system works well but we have found the ecu is massively rich in oz. I mean like 11.5 afr on our meter. The system itself is great. We are working at the moment to refine this and come up with some local solutions. I will post these when it happens. There are various maps used for different countries also I discovered when in Italy. In fact when bikes are finished being built they go to a section that then sets them up for each market place so USA, Europe, Australia etc. Fuelling etc is part of this. We have fitted some arrow systems with no eco mods and keeping the 02 sensor and had great results. These comments are just our results in Sydney only so I cannot comment anywhere else. Hope this helps
j
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooperlu View Post
Guys the MV system works well but we have found the ecu is massively rich in oz. I mean like 11.5 afr on our meter. The system itself is great. We are working at the moment to refine this and come up with some local solutions. I will post these when it happens. There are various maps used for different countries also I discovered when in Italy. In fact when bikes are finished being built they go to a section that then sets them up for each market place so USA, Europe, Australia etc. Fuelling etc is part of this. We have fitted some arrow systems with no eco mods and keeping the 02 sensor and had great results. These comments are just our results in Sydney only so I cannot comment anywhere else. Hope this helps
j
Hi Justin, just read your post, do you suggest then that I should leave the std ECU in place and see how things go?. I have purchased a VDST kit for adjusting the TPS for the new exhaust and if I could I would bring my bike to you for fitting and adjustments but unfortunately I'm in Melbourne and am not confident with Peter Stevens to do the work. If I do fit the new ECU should I re-install the lamda sensor? or do you recommend bypassing it.
Thanks,
Stu.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode