70 profile tyre on F4 750 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

70 profile tyre on F4 750

People,

I know we have been here before but I am unable to ascertain confirmation of the following so I would greatly appreciate some input from the gang members.

I have a F4 750 2000 model and have a 70 profile front tyre fitted. Immediately following fitment of the tyre it was noted that my Casoli carbon fibre mudguard was extremely close to the tyre. As a result some washers were placed between the mountings and the mudguard to try to raise the height of the mudguard slightly. This resulted in the laquer of the mudguard cracking.

I have a 2 real options which are repair of the Casoli mudguard or alternatively the fitment of a genuine MV Corse carbon fibre mudguard as supplied by a forum favorite. I have attached a picture of the said item.

What I am concerned about is that I may purchase and fit the genuine Corse carbon fibre mudguard only to find that there is still very little clearance between the mudguard and the 70 profile tyre which will mean I risk a lock up of the front wheel if a large stone gets wedged in there, or alternatively have to shell out another £100 to have a new tyre fitted which is different to the rear tyre.

Can anyone advise if they have any experience of fitment of a genuine MV Corse carbon fibre mudguard to a 750 model with a 70 profile tyre.

The Corse mudguard has metal inserts so any adjustment to the carbon fibre is a no no

many thanks

Cheers

Sub
Attached Images

When my Dad and I first laid our eyes on an MV Agusta at the UK launch, we were simply blown away.................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 02:16 PM

It will be the same. The mounting points on the forks have to be raised. I had the same problem with my F4 750. I made some brackets to lift the mudguard. All mudguards across the range from 2000-2009 are the same, brackets on forks are higher on later models, thus the mudguard sits higher.

70 profile tyre will also hit the leading edge of the plastic that protects the bottom radiator. Under heavy braking it might also hit upper radiator mesh if you have it. It hit the mesh on my bike, radiator is fine for now. But those were track conditions.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

what did the brackets you made look like?

When my Dad and I first laid our eyes on an MV Agusta at the UK launch, we were simply blown away.................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 03:52 PM

I have both the OEM CF mudguard and a 70 tire on my 2000 F4S and have had no probs whatsoever. The current tires are Bridgestone's BT003r. Before those I had Pirelli Diablo's, also without any problems. I think the tire might be part of your issue as well.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 04:15 PM

Yes you are right, forgot that part. No problems with Pirelli Supercorsas, big problems with Dunlop D211 GP Racer.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

guys how do i remove the mudguard, does the wheel have to come off?

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 05:45 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
The wheel does not have to come off. Remove the two front screws, remove the spoiler. The mud guard comes right out.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 07:36 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
hey sub,

i to have a 02 f4. i have a michelin 70 profile tyre and b4 that a dunlop. both have plently of clearance between the tyre and CF mud guard. i know that the CF mudgaurd is meant for a f4 1000. so i believe they have more clearance as they came out witha 70 profile from factory.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 04:19 AM

[quote=token;462916]hey sub,

i to have a 02 f4. i have a michelin 70 profile tyre and b4 that a dunlop. both have plently of clearance between the tyre and CF mud guard. i know that the CF mudgaurd is meant for a f4 1000. so i believe they have more clearance as they came out witha 70 profile from factory.[/quote

Where did your carbon guard come from as I have a 750F4 with a Michelin 70 tyre and the standard guard that has 1mm clearance and a carbon guard that touches.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and

all mudgaurds are the same fit i believe
on the 1000 the fork bottoms have 2 mounting points each side so the mudgaurd can be raised or lowered depending on tyre size
its mentioned in an earlier thread god read the posts lol

life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
but by the moments that take our breath away

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode