Love it when the mail man comes on a Friday - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Love it when the mail man comes on a Friday

Thanks to CAG for sending our goodies out at great speed as per usual. I installed the GPR steering damper and will take the pipes and get them Ceramic coated. It will be interresting to see if the bike feels any different with that mid-pipe on.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 06:43 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Wink

Hey Dons..

There's no way that steering damper bracket was designed by an Italian.

EMAIL :

Last edited by JDS; 07-29-2011 at 11:30 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Exclamation lol

It does look way out of norm with the damper John. Will let you know about replacing oil in the old Ohlins damper too.

Pillions view
Attached Images

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Last edited by Donsy; 07-29-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 11:36 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Dons..

These are pukka dampers and work well on MV's.. Chris at X Bikes swears by them.. You are fast becoming the forum's steering damper man..

The MV OEM Ohlins unit is a load of Sh*te and if I find a Ducati Ohlins race unit on Ebay going cheap, I'm jumping on it straight away.. ( as long as the price is right ).

Let us know how you get on with this new unit..

EMAIL :
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Exclamation +10

Will do John. Be interresting to see the difference for sure.
I managed to self service the OEM damper and there was a big improvement, but hey, we know it is what it is.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Will do John. Be interresting to see the difference for sure.
I managed to self service the OEM damper and there was a big improvement, but hey, we know it is what it is.
Hey Donsy, I'm thinking about trying to improve the rate of damping in my O.E.M. Steering Damper on my Y10. Useing the same technique you explained in you Ohlins rebuild thread, do you suggest 7.5wt for the stocker too? Anything in particular I need to watch-out for regarding disassembly / assembly of the stock unit?
The Stock Damper is junk, but I'd like to get some use out of it to save some Cash for other bits I need. Thanks Mate!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Exclamation +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Master View Post
Hey Donsy, I'm thinking about trying to improve the rate of damping in my O.E.M. Steering Damper on my Y10. Useing the same technique you explained in you Ohlins rebuild thread, do you suggest 7.5wt for the stocker too? Anything in particular I need to watch-out for regarding disassembly / assembly of the stock unit?
The Stock Damper is junk, but I'd like to get some use out of it to save some Cash for other bits I need. Thanks Mate!
Hi Mark
The one's I rebuilt are stock dampers, and I heard from a reliable source that factory uses something like a 5W oil, so I went one thicker to have the option of not having to wind it all the way in to the max. About three click's out is fine for me now as opposed to having it all the way to max on the standard oil.
Not sure if there are any other parts on the MY10 dampers but what you see in the pics is absolutely all that came out of mine.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode