ECUnleashed reflash service ! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Thumbs up ECUnleashed reflash service !

Anyone heard of these guys?

http://ecunleashed.com/

Got an email from them today. Reflash your ECU with custom tuning on just about any vehicle....they don't list a MV (says coming soon) but they do have every Ducati, including the ones using the ECUs in our MVs...so maybe they are looking for bikes to develop maps with???? In Southern California.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 05:30 PM
lee

I can't see reflashing unless you have a dyno to compare the results.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
It's what Ferraci does with your ECU when you order a "kit" ECU.

They build the maps on a dyno with donor bikes. The software they market unlocks the ECU so you can change everything...ignition, secondary injectors, secondary throttle plates, variable intake tract on the R1 ....their licensed "Tuning Centers" should be able to use their dyno to remap your stock ECU....

Lee...maybe you should look at becoming one of their dealers.....you need something to do and you could maybe make big bucks (I'll bet a few guys on this forum would pay you for the service...the Ducati and Harley guys definitely would).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
It's what Ferraci does with your ECU when you order a "kit" ECU.

They build the maps on a dyno with donor bikes. The software they market unlocks the ECU so you can change everything...ignition, secondary injectors, secondary throttle plates, variable intake tract on the R1 ....their licensed "Tuning Centers" should be able to use their dyno to remap your stock ECU....

Lee...maybe you should look at becoming one of their dealers.....you need something to do and you could maybe make big bucks (I'll bet a few guys on this forum would pay you for the service...the Ducati and Harley guys definitely would).
Not worth it,there is only one way to get it correct,put your bike on a dyno.whether you are using a microtec or pc5 or just the race ecu etc,I really think there is no other way to get your bike correct ,it must be put under backwheel load and then you will be able to fix the air and fuel mixtures through all gear and rpm ranges,Do not waste your money.Well thats my 2 cents worth,opinions welcomed.
cheers eddy
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
Not worth it,there is only one way to get it correct,put your bike on a dyno.whether you are using a microtec or pc5 or just the race ecu etc,I really think there is no other way to get your bike correct ,it must be put under backwheel load and then you will be able to fix the air and fuel mixtures through all gear and rpm ranges,Do not waste your money.Well thats my 2 cents worth,opinions welcomed.
cheers eddy
The best way is to install afr sensors, log the data on the road and re program the fuel / ignition your self.

I bought Lees data logger a while back and mine is now perfect. Much better than fooling it with a power commander - which alters only the fuel and in the wrong place at that!

If you can't do it yourself then I guess you have no choice than to use a dyno and if you can't alter the ecu then it will have to be a power commander.

Don't just buy a chip or an off the shelf reprogram - it will be less than useless if it is not setup specific to your own bike.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 01:12 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc07 View Post
The best way is to install afr sensors, log the data on the road and re program the fuel / ignition your self.

I bought Lees data logger a while back and mine is now perfect. Much better than fooling it with a power commander - which alters only the fuel and in the wrong place at that!

If you can't do it yourself then I guess you have no choice than to use a dyno and if you can't alter the ecu then it will have to be a power commander.

Don't just buy a chip or an off the shelf reprogram - it will be less than useless if it is not setup specific to your own bike.
+1000....
lambda meters read in real time and used like Adam said in the real world will get you a great map.
how can you do the little transitions that make a bike ridable, on a dyno?

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 04:31 PM
lee

I would gladly fiddle with someone's bike but lacking a dyno it would be tough. I'm also even harder on myself when it comes someone elses bike than I am on my own if that's possible.

I put a Microtec ECU and Autotune on my POS, that's right ladies POS, Duc and it's the ultimate combo for tuning fuel and ign. Set in the A/F's you want and where, load the map and ride. Watching that thing changing the A/F's to desired while rolling along is nothing short of miraculous. And best of all that piggy runs much better. You still have to go in to the map and manually interpolate some figures which are obviously way out of whack but no big deal. And the more you autotune it as you ride the closer and closer it gets to what you want. Start with a tolerance of .5 on the A/F and then decrease it with each run and that mother just does the job.

Friggin' huge bucks but although it's still a POS I don't grit my teeth anymore when I ride it. Or come home all pissed off at it yelling at Patty and snarling at the poor dog.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 05:42 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Ed, i know 1 of their dealers, and he is a real gear head, if i remember i'll give him a call tomorrow

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 01:11 AM

Sorry to thread jack.

To Lee, theknurl or anyone else, when tuning/mapping something like a Microtec ECU on a dyno how does one compensate for any ram air effect at the top-end/high speed rpm?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 01:43 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstar360 View Post
Sorry to thread jack.

To Lee, theknurl or anyone else, when tuning/mapping something like a Microtec ECU on a dyno how does one compensate for any ram air effect at the top-end/high speed rpm?
You don't. In the ECU there is a compensation map for increase or decrease in air pressure as well as air temperature.

There is a secondary offset that you can write which is injection vs velocity which can be used at top end speed if the existing compensation isn't enough, almost purely a racing thing though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode