eprom with power commander? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

eprom with power commander?

I m going to remove the core in the exhaust to get it closer to being like an RG3.

My bike has a power commander. Does anyone know I would still need to change the eprom chip or would the power commander take care of it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 06:09 PM
rob
Established Member

Don't waste your time I did that myself it makes little difference as when you take the tips off the the larger peice (ie where two tips runs into one) has baffles as well. and you can't get into these.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

I was told casoli USA used to remove the cores and there is a similar set on ebay right now for big money.

I m going to cut the thing in half, do the work and have it welded back.

Rob did you do that or did you just drill out the rivets for the tips and remove the baffles?
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 07:05 PM
rob
Established Member

Just the tips. Lucky I didn't go any further my bike was written off only 12 weeks from new. Long story really I wasn't riding the bike when it happened I'm picking up a new one next wed this time I'm getting a silver/blue f41000. It's been 2 months sorting the money side out. My brother got a Tamba which came with the rg3 and mid pipe section sounds nice I think it mat be the go still a little quiet compared to my last bike 749 with termis but still nice note all the same.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

my co worker has full ferraci and it sounds so good. I do need to get a mid pipe.

the sound of the V-twins are killer...
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
Just the tips. Lucky I didn't go any further my bike was written off only 12 weeks from new. Long story really I wasn't riding the bike when it happened I'm picking up a new one next wed this time I'm getting a silver/blue f41000. It's been 2 months sorting the money side out. My brother got a Tamba which came with the rg3 and mid pipe section sounds nice I think it mat be the go still a little quiet compared to my last bike 749 with termis but still nice note all the same.
Welcome Rob! Albury in Australia or US?

What does the stocker sound like with the tips fully removed? My thought as per the scribbled up pic attached above was to drill through the baffle plate at the red spots. I guess alternative if someone willing to try is to remove the end tubes where the tips attach. Maybe a bit of keyhole surgery would do the trick (down fron the top so not to mess with the looks. Cutting open to extreme as shown on pic would be a bastard to weld back together and look half decent, IMO.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 03:28 AM

Having in depth discussions with a really good MV mechanic on this subject, the view was that really what eprom would you fit to your modified system?
The RG3's come with an eprom that is mapped to the new RG3 profile, which could not in any way be similar to your modification.

I really think you would be chasing to get a reasonable map with a Power Commander and not achieve a good compromise through out the power curve. (maybe unless you spend heaps on dyno time)

Is it the sound you wish to improve on?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 04:37 AM

Here is a further clue as to the mods Casoli do to the stock pipes, besides recoring the tips that we already know. Just get the arc welder out, crank up the amps, and burn-baby-burn. That or if you have access to plasma, water cutter etc.

Point being that gases pass into the rear chamber as-is. So let the gases straight out of the tips by enlarging the hole, and getting rid of the exit tube from middle to rear chamber (partly at least)
Attached Images

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

I recorded a vid with the sound of the exhaust stock. Then I removed the exhaust pipes and recorded it. It freakin sounded like thunder!

Sounds like a full on race bike from hell. I dont want it that loud but close would be fine. Cars would hear me lane split easier.

The stock tips are just way too quiet for me.
I havent heard the RG3's but they are money and I like the color of the stock tips right now. It matches carbon bodywork and riding gear better. I also prefer the way the underside of the exhaust makes the fender well as opposed to aftermarket stuff.

Steptoe where did you get that pic? Would that work without cutting the exhaust in half?

I was planning on cutting it on the top side of the weld and under the tail so you couldnt see it.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode