Barend weights - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Barend weights

Well,
I posted a thread earlier on the Brutale section about my first ride impressions of the 910S. Part of that was observation regarding the annoying vibration I was feeling through the handlebars after a longer ride. Motovation was happy enough to take the bike for a few days and came up with a new set of stainless steel barends that were 315 gms as compared to the stock ones at 195 gms. They look really nice with O rings that dampened the fit. Installation was really easy. Unscrew the stock ones, remove the rubber bung, screw the rubber bung onto the new barends, insert into handlebar, screw till snug. Repeat with other side.

Took the bike out for a short run and noticed immediately that it felt different. The vibes were still there but they seemed to have been converted to a different frequency that was less annoying. This was most evident at 4-5k rpm but a great improvement over the rest of the rpm range.

I thought that a longer ride was in order to really see if the difference was not just my imagination so last night i took her on a 50 miler (as if I needed a reason! ). The most significant observation was that i forgot why I went for a spin anyway! In other words, I totally forgot about the vibration that I felt last weekend on that first ride. So I actually got to enjoy my bike much more! No more numbness in the hands and the gradual creeping buzz up the arms on those longer rides.

A ponit to note is that the stock mirrors were still hard to see out of at the higher rpms but now I can kinda make out what kind of car is behind me. I think CRG barend mirrors are my next mod.

Motovation won't have them for sale right away as they are scheduling them for production. They will be having them for the F4-1000 as well.

Here are some pics of my bike with the barends installed.

Last edited by kilat; 08-18-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 01:30 PM
NICE! I want/need them asap. Did they say how long it'll be?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 01:35 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
very nice bar end, anyword on the price and date of release for them?

also, can you get them to make them in flat black as well? thanks.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 01:38 PM

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 02:09 PM

Has anybody experience with this thing?

http://www.barsnake.com/
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata
very nice bar end, anyword on the price and date of release for them?

also, can you get them to make them in flat black as well? thanks.
I got two left hand sides of these (I didn't want cruise control action):
http://www.throttlemeister.com/tm.html
They do make black too (see left hand bar, and click away...). I think Pirates carries them....

916SPS, have heard some good things, but haven't actually used them.

....shay hullo to my lille friend
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916SPS
Has anybody experience with this thing?

http://www.barsnake.com/
Yes, I tried the Bar Snake on my Monster 800. Maybe it helped a little, but the difference was minimal. The bar vibrations still made my hands numb after about fifteen minutes.

Be cautious about ordering from the Bar Snake website, though. Someone in their office sent one of those stupid "for every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245" chain letters to what looked like their entire customer list of 500+ addresses. Not the kind of company you really want in possession of your credit card details...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPB
Yes, I tried the Bar Snake on my Monster 800. Maybe it helped a little, but the difference was minimal. The bar vibrations still made my hands numb after about fifteen minutes.

Be cautious about ordering from the Bar Snake website, though. Someone in their office sent one of those stupid "for every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245" chain letters to what looked like their entire customer list of 500+ addresses. Not the kind of company you really want in possession of your credit card details...
Thanks for the info!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
some great information here
the vibration on the 910 is much LESS than that on my R1200GS.... yes.... opposed twin, of course

my problem with the Brutale bars is that they are TOO SMALL.... so that i have to squeeze my hand tighter (with my tight gloves on), thus rendering the pain after a RELATIVELY short period of time

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:48 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
small? you mean the diameter of the grip is small?

O D O N A T A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode