Microtec help requested - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Microtec help requested

2006 F4 1000. Seeking referrals to a competent tech with Microtec experience/expertise, preferably in Southern California. Actually, a referral to anyone anywhere with Microtec expertise would be appreciated. Thank you.

"Motorcycle racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 07:32 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Up here in Norcal we have Factory Pro, they tune Microtec ECUs

2010 Brutale 990R - 1994 Elefant 900 - 2006 KTM 450EXC Street Legal
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I wonít go into details at this time, but after having just picked up the bike from Factory Pro, I can assure you/warn you that they are anything but competent. Are there any tuners known to the forum who have direct experience with Microtec and MVís? If not, are there any tuners known to have Microtec experience?

I donít want this to turn into a rant about Factory Pro or Microtec. Iím just seeking a referral to someone who has a basic understanding of how a Microtec works. After several months of trying and having already spent too much money, I simply need to find a competent mechanic. I already know who the incompetent ones are.

"Motorcycle racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 12:03 AM

I know nothing of Microtec, but what sort of problems you having?

F4 750 with Brutale 910S motor
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 01:13 AM

New Site Garage
Bultaco,

There lies the rub! You need a good tuner. He then needs to talk to Chris at XBikes to get a few pointers, which Chris is willing to do (or used to). I've been down that road and it's a long one. Some tuners think they know, but can fuck a map up. There's some good tuners won't touch the Microtec anyway.

It's not a hard program if you understand a bit about fueling. My advice is to buy a good tuned map from Chris or another forum member for your particular year and model and use that as a base to play around with. I've done this with mine and have good maps for both exhausts I run (Arrow, HP Corse). I can give you some advice as can other members on here of course if you want to have a go yourself.

Cheers

Deano

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the advice Deano. Still looking for a tuner who wonít muck up the bike. Itís already been down a long road to nowhere. What was supposed to be plug and play has turned into plug and pay. BTW, youíre right about tuners not wanting to touch a Microtec, at least some of the ones here in Southern California.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:53 AM

What exhaust setup do you have? I have some maps on my laptop from my 05 1000S with full bodis. Also have a base map I think. I can possibly send them to you when I get back to New York next week.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 04:40 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
It is a shame the EBS wiring was screwed and causing a problem I couldn't figure out during my visit.....

That said, on the wrong side of the country is Mark Sutton at the DucShop. He has set-up Andrew's Mona Lisa and my Brutale and many Desmosedici. Competent....but a long way away.
falcn likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you for your offer. Please check your PM

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 05:13 PM

My Microtec ecu is still at the factory getting checked out. it didn't work from day one . Could have had a bad run during manufacture. These things happen even to the best of products .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in