Performance air filter for B4 750? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Performance air filter for B4 750?

Would there be any power gain with a 'performance air filter', 2005 model? If so, any recommendations for the best to go for?
UK based.

INTERNAL COMBUSTION RECREATION FOREVER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 01:45 PM

New Site Garage
Not convinced about any individual power gain, but if you are fitting exhausts, decat, remap etc may as well fit one - ive got a BMC in my 1090, also removed the intake snorkels....induction roar makes it sound faster if nothing else

cheers
bogie
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

A decat pipe is ready to be ftted, also silencers (!!). I would like to get an Arrow twin can system but they have stopped making it, if anyone knows where I can find a set I would appreciate it. Is the BMC oiled foam? If so, I'd prefer a dry fabric type.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
BMC is oiled gauze fabric...like a K&N

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks, I'll avoid that one then.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 10:10 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Have you got something against oiled foam filters because they are the most efficient filter.
I have a MWR filter,easy to clean and service.
Most aftermarket filters are the oiled foam type.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:18 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie View Post
Not convinced about any individual power gain, but if you are fitting exhausts, decat, remap etc may as well fit one - ive got a BMC in my 1090, also removed the intake snorkels....induction roar makes it sound faster if nothing else
Wait a sec doesnt removing the snorkels mess up the power band? On my RC51 you could install shorter or longer ones and it will move the power band around a bit.

2006 Brutale 910S
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
Have you got something against oiled foam filters because they are the most efficient filter.
I have a MWR filter,easy to clean and service.
Most aftermarket filters are the oiled foam type.
Oiled foam seems to be a bike thing but personally I prefer dry fabric or paper filters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoosht04 View Post
Wait a sec doesnt removing the snorkels mess up the power band? On my RC51 you could install shorter or longer ones and it will move the power band around a bit.
Intake stacks, trumpets, bellmouths, to use a few terms, do indeed affect power delivery. MV must have spent time developing their intake system and IMHO, unless the engine is drastically modified, those intake stacks should be retained. Although it is possible that they may have been developed around noise emissions, so modified stacks could improve performance. It would need experimentation.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:39 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutant View Post
Oiled foam seems to be a bike thing but personally I prefer dry fabric or paper filters.

Intake stacks, trumpets, bellmouths, to use a few terms, do indeed affect power delivery. MV must have spent time developing their intake system and IMHO, unless the engine is drastically modified, those intake stacks should be retained. Although it is possible that they may have been developed around noise emissions, so modified stacks could improve performance. It would need experimentation.

It is not only bikes that use the oiled filter.
Quite a few of my customers at work ask me to fit them to their 4WD's because they are so efficient on trapping finer dust particles.
Each to their own as the saying goes.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

If a vehicle is being driven in extremely dusty conditions then an oiled filter may be an advantage, but for normal road use I prefer dry fabric or paper filters. Probably 90% of vehicles on the road use such filters without a problem. I also dabble in modified turbo cars and have never had an issue with paper or fabric dry filters, even oil sample analysis hasn't shown any abnormal dust particle contamination.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode