1st Gen F4 Integrated Tail light issues - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

1st Gen F4 Integrated Tail light issues

Hi,

I am trying to get my head around how to install this. So far only the rear light comes on, no break light or blinker works. Can anybody help me with this?

Especially with the resistors what shall I do with them?

I have attached some pics, thank you.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 11:19 AM

New Site Garage
Hi Osokin,
The connector should connect with your original rear light connector that is fitted to the bike, the green wire is either a brake or back light as is the red (just swap over if incorrect) and black is the earth, double check you have the metal connector orientated correctly, i.e. the nobbles match up in the bike connector nobbles, they are not the best fit.
The yellow wires are the live for the indicators, cant remember if you need to do anything with the earths as I think it picks up with the light earth in the LED. You will need to cut/splice/solder your wires from the indicator supply to use the live. I left the indicator connectors/plugs in place and lengthened the wires to meet the new light.
Because the LED indicators are a lower wattage than the original indicator bulbs they will flash faster, to rectify this you would need to put those resistors (square blocks) in the circuit to slow them down, or replace your indicator relay for an LED version.

I have one fitted to one of mine so if you need any more detail let me know I can have a look.

By the way, your seat mount rubber needs looking at, you will cause issues with plastic stress on the tail unit if you loose it.
Good luck

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).

Last edited by EVO Chris; 08-19-2019 at 11:21 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

When I hold the yellow cable from the LED on the plus of the battery it comes on and stays on no flashing. If I hold the yellow cable inside one of the connectors from the bike nothing comes on. Is this a grounding issue? Also the break light won’t come on. Have you got a picture with your wiring? Thank you so far for the help you are a legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:19 AM

New Site Garage
The yellow wire will only flash when connected to the indicator supply as its attached to a flasher unit.
The yellow wires are for the positive indicator wire from the bike, I cant remember if I connected the negative wire from the indicator wiring to the black wire of the rear light but it would not hurt to have another negative. Just make sure your negatives are connected.

The brake light? have you got +12v from the brake light wire from the bike when the brake pedal/lever is used? Have you put +12v to the LED brake light nobble to see if it works, its trial and error to see if the unit is working first. Was the original light working or have you always had an issue?

I will have a look at mine tonight, I think its in the Brutale as I put the F4 back to stock last year, should be the same.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 01:28 PM

Black is ground and shared for the turn signals--the outside shell of the replicated bulb base.

Red is parking lights.

Green is brake lights--They probably are not making good contact at the bottom of the replicated bulb base to the socket. (Cheap quality)

Yellow is each side turn signal--tap your +12v turn signal.

The large resistors go between +12V and ground on your original turn signal circuit.
An alternative is to use a non-mechanical relay (LED relay) in place of your original turn signal relay, eliminating the need for the resistors but you will loose the fast flash function that indicates a burned out bulb.

-Benjamin-
2004 Brutale 750S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in