Levers? - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Levers?

I'm wondering what clutch and break levers you guys are running?

Thanks, Levi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:12 PM
Established Member

I was running stock on my B4 but got some CNC cheap ones. They are OK but you can't beat the price. I have used CRG before and do not like any shorty levers. I use two fingers for clutch and front brake and with any shorty levers I pinch my other fingers. I suggest anything that is stock length. If you want he bling then again stick with stock length. My 2 cents

2006 Brutale 910S
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:42 PM

I prefer shorties.
Very happy with these:
https://evotech-performance.com/coll...rake-lever-set

"Evotech Performance levers are CNC from billet aluminium.
Finished in an anodized black coating for longevity.
A six click positioning adjuster for making those little tweaks.
The aesthetics of the levers are only surpassed by the quality of the manufacturing.
Easy to follow pictorial instructions are available on the website.
Individual levers can be purchased if required."

E d w a r d B4910s08

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Forum Introduction Thread)
2. Include your LOCATION in your profile: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
3. Include your BIKE MODEL/S in your signature: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Special thanks to forum member Donsy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:50 PM

Levi, On the side, please see my signature for a PSA regarding your bike 2017 F3 800. Thanks!

E d w a r d B4910s08

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
(Forum Introduction Thread)
2. Include your LOCATION in your profile: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
3. Include your BIKE MODEL/S in your signature: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature
Special thanks to forum member Donsy
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 10:11 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
I prefer shorties.
I wonder if shorties would fix the fact that I tend to 4-finger the clutch. My track buddy won't let up about it... apparently the fancy way is to 1-finger your levers.....

WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN?!
'09 Brutale 1078RR
, '05 Brutale S 750
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 01:30 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by über View Post
I wonder if shorties would fix the fact that I tend to 4-finger the clutch. My track buddy won't let up about it... apparently the fancy way is to 1-finger your levers.....
Always!

On different kind of bikes, I've always preferred shorty levers for better functionality when one- or two fingering the levers. With the F3 levers (both stock and RC set) I've not been inhibited to do so, so I'll keep them long as it goes better with the superbike look.
über likes this.

Loud pipes don't save lives. Loud pipes just sound cool to egotistical riders like me

Current bike: 2018 MV Agusta F3 800 RC
Previous bikes: 2013 KTM Duke 690, 2015 KTM RC 390
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 01:45 AM

I have CRG levers on all my bikes - either short or long (depends on what's on offer).

And how many fingers you choose to use is not dependent on the length of the levers. I tend to use 2 fingers on the clutch (when I use it) and they tend to hover over the lever most of he time - a throwback from being raised on 2Ts.

Most racers don't us shorty levers and are free to use whatever style they prefer.

Most important is the ability to properly adjust the reach.

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 01:58 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
And how many fingers you choose to use is not dependent on the length of the levers.

Most important is the ability to properly adjust the reach.

I was going to protest the first statement, but the second one makes more sense. It's more about the reach of the levers than the length to be using less than 4 fingers on the levers without knocking into the non-used fingers while doing so. Isn't shorty levers usually angled a bit different, which automatically also creates a longer reach?

Loud pipes don't save lives. Loud pipes just sound cool to egotistical riders like me

Current bike: 2018 MV Agusta F3 800 RC
Previous bikes: 2013 KTM Duke 690, 2015 KTM RC 390
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 04:03 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Pazzo levers - love 'em
Attached Images

Based in Rutland UK.

2015 Brutale 800RR
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 06:37 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I have CRG levers on Gina...A shorty on the brake side as I only use 1 or 2 fingers there and can keep grip on the throttle with the others, and a standard on the clutch as I use all fingers on that lever......

I have stock MV levers on Lola (my track bike) and are quite happy with both the CRG and stock (although the stock have a smoother feel to the fingers than the edgy CRGs).

How many fingers you use is personal preference, there is no "right or wrong" to it. Anyone that tells you that you are "wrong" to use more than 1 or 2 fingers on brake or clutch is WRONG themselves. Do what you like and are comfortable with.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Tags
levers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in