MV Agusta Forum banner

Help-Healtech Quichshifter

25K views 101 replies 13 participants last post by  mitchy 
#1 · (Edited)
Help-Healtech Quickshifter.

Has anyone fitted a Healtech Quickshifter to a F4 1078? I followed there instructions,put the bike back together,took ages to start and runs on 2 maybe 3 cyinders at idle,open the throttle and the bike dies.There is one connector with a red square on it,is that connector supposed to go to a specific cylinder number.It's all I can think of that is causing this problem.

#2 ·
Number 4 sounds like your symptoms so worth checking the connectors again:

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/app/iqse/trb_en/

Also have you tried running the app and seeing if that gives any errors?

I can't remember the significance of the red marker when I installed mine on my B4 but pretty sure there is a reason for it's marker. Any reference to it in the instructions?

Reactions: mitchy
#3 ·
Thanks for your reply.Nothing in the instructions about the connector marked in red unless it is a 3 cylinder motor,then you have to bridge that connector.
I have downloaded the app,but it won’t pair until the motor is running.I will recheck the connectors in the morning.I have the connector with the red marker on No.4 cylinder,I might swap it to No.1 cylinder.
I also have the little brain box on top of the ECU,I might move it further away,that might be an issue,I just don’t know.

#4 ·
Worked out the problem after studying the bikes wiring diagram.
Looks like power comes into No1 injector and is piggy backed to the other 3 plugs.
So in the Healtech kit there is one plug that has a red/white wire to it,well I had that plug going to number 4 cylinder (wrong)
Changed the wiring over so that plug is on number 1 cylinder,put the bike back together,pushed the starter button and bingo running on all 4 cylinders and revs like it should.
Happy chappy now.
Healtech should explain that in the instructions which it doesn't.
Shame on you Healtech.:frown2:

#5 ·
Mitchy,

I put one on mine a few years ago. They initially sent me a wiring loom that was correct by their part numbers but ended up being for a Triumph. Lots of emails and photos later they sent me another loom. Apparently MV's differ widely in injector systems (?). Anyway sorted it in the end and it's been ok. Yeah, the instructions were a bit naff.

I've found you need to give the lever a good lift or you can get false neutrals, especially at high revs. Also it might pay to seal the connectors including the one to it's brain box. I was up the Atherton Tablelands recently and it pissed down. Heaps of fog, spray and mist. On the way down the Palmerstone Hwy. she started missing intermittently like I was trying to up shift while already in top gear and cutting out the injectors (mine's set for 4000rpm). When we got down and it dried a bit it came good.

Cheers

Deano

#7 ·
i had probs with mine but sorted now i had power commander connected to injectors first then QS
turns out its the other way round QS connected to injectors first then power commander was still getting false neutrals
at higher speeds persevered with settings and bingo works fine note every bike will have a different set up and every rider is different
but for ref heers my settings.

Attachments

#76 ·
Power Commander

Raptor
What model power commander did you wind up using? And what application are you using it for?
Thanks

#8 ·
I've changed my sensor threshold to 80% too. the default of 70% was a touch too sensitive but seems to be perfect at 80.

#10 ·
Mitchy,

From memory I can't remember whether it ran rough or ran at all. I still have the other loom which I will send to you if I can find it. I also have a saved folder of emails between me and Hot'n'Rare who I bought it through. They sorted it with Healtech. I'll go through them and forward them to you also. Here is a quote from one of them: -

"I have been in contact with Healtech electronics tech support and they inform me that I need a different wiring harness, part no: - QSH-F4C (not QSH-F4D) for my bike. They said (quote): -

"The wiring is often changed on MV Augusta bikes , often do not match with the wiring diagrams and there's no logic in the used connectors and wiring on similar models, unfortunately."

Cheers

Deano

#11 ·
@Deano,you have been a great help mate.I rang my supplier and explained what you went through so he is ordering the F4C harness for me.
Hopefully all will be good when I fit it.
I have the 1078F4 and your Brutale is the same year model as mine so the wiring to the injectors should be the same.:smile2:

#13 ·
QSH-F4D was at the time I bought mine the recommended one for all Brutales. Turned out it wasn't any good for a 2009 1078RR Brutale and they sent me the QSH-F4C. I think Mitchy needs the F4C harness as it's the same motor and year as mine and by their correspondence with me the MV wiring wasn't the same across models from all years. Hope the new one they send him sorts it.

Cheers

Deano

#15 ·
I am only guessing the F4C harness is going to work and I really hope the wiring to the injectors is the same on a F41078 as is on the Brutale.
Healtech has changed the part number now for the Brutale to F4C but is still F4D for the F4.
When I get the new harness I will see what is different.

#24 ·
"Simple plug and play" is always a misnomer.

#52 ·
I have installed iQSE on my B-910 almost two years ago, and recently I noticed a problem in functionality, somehow there was a sensor damage (although the bolt was tightened in accordance with the instructions).
A bit of extra tensing temporarily solved the problem but I reported the failure within 2 years of warranty.

Since plastic on the sensor is broken off from the outside, now the interior is partially seen.
I guess it's just a piezoelectric element.

#30 ·
it looks like the harness then ? why did you have to pay for another harness
its obviously listed wrong for your bike would have thought healtec would have sent the new harness for free.
its not your fault it did not work? sick and tired of this pass the buck i,m not giving a fuck attitude.