Help-Healtech Quichshifter - MVAgusta.net
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Help-Healtech Quickshifter.

Has anyone fitted a Healtech Quickshifter to a F4 1078? I followed there instructions,put the bike back together,took ages to start and runs on 2 maybe 3 cyinders at idle,open the throttle and the bike dies.There is one connector with a red square on it,is that connector supposed to go to a specific cylinder number.It's all I can think of that is causing this problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Last edited by mitchy; 06-15-2019 at 06:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 04:36 AM
Established Member

Number 4 sounds like your symptoms so worth checking the connectors again:

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/app/iqse/trb_en/

Also have you tried running the app and seeing if that gives any errors?

I can't remember the significance of the red marker when I installed mine on my B4 but pretty sure there is a reason for it's marker. Any reference to it in the instructions?
mitchy likes this.

Brutale 750S - Tricked and refining in progress - nearly ready for the 2019 season and track days.

Thames Valley, England. The land of congestion, 4x4's and badly driven Ubers.
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by biaggi View Post
Number 4 sounds like your symptoms so worth checking the connectors again:

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/app/iqse/trb_en/

Also have you tried running the app and seeing if that gives any errors?

I can't remember the significance of the red marker when I installed mine on my B4 but pretty sure there is a reason for it's marker. Any reference to it in the instructions?
Thanks for your reply.Nothing in the instructions about the connector marked in red unless it is a 3 cylinder motor,then you have to bridge that connector.
I have downloaded the app,but it wonít pair until the motor is running.I will recheck the connectors in the morning.I have the connector with the red marker on No.4 cylinder,I might swap it to No.1 cylinder.
I also have the little brain box on top of the ECU,I might move it further away,that might be an issue,I just donít know.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Mobile-0423041326
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Worked out the problem after studying the bikes wiring diagram.
Looks like power comes into No1 injector and is piggy backed to the other 3 plugs.
So in the Healtech kit there is one plug that has a red/white wire to it,well I had that plug going to number 4 cylinder (wrong)
Changed the wiring over so that plug is on number 1 cylinder,put the bike back together,pushed the starter button and bingo running on all 4 cylinders and revs like it should.
Happy chappy now.
Healtech should explain that in the instructions which it doesn't.
Shame on you Healtech.
whobeyou likes this.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Mobile-0423041326
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 11:40 PM

New Site Garage
Mitchy,

I put one on mine a few years ago. They initially sent me a wiring loom that was correct by their part numbers but ended up being for a Triumph. Lots of emails and photos later they sent me another loom. Apparently MV's differ widely in injector systems (?). Anyway sorted it in the end and it's been ok. Yeah, the instructions were a bit naff.

I've found you need to give the lever a good lift or you can get false neutrals, especially at high revs. Also it might pay to seal the connectors including the one to it's brain box. I was up the Atherton Tablelands recently and it pissed down. Heaps of fog, spray and mist. On the way down the Palmerstone Hwy. she started missing intermittently like I was trying to up shift while already in top gear and cutting out the injectors (mine's set for 4000rpm). When we got down and it dried a bit it came good.

Cheers

Deano

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Thanks for the feedback Deano,this plug and play kit has taken me friggan hours to sort out.Now I am having problems connecting by Bluetooth.Have to sort this out now.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Mobile-0423041326
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 04:31 AM

New Site Garage
Red face

i had probs with mine but sorted now i had power commander connected to injectors first then QS
turns out its the other way round QS connected to injectors first then power commander was still getting false neutrals
at higher speeds persevered with settings and bingo works fine note every bike will have a different set up and every rider is different
but for ref heers my settings.
Attached Images

mitchy likes this.
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:53 PM
Established Member

I've changed my sensor threshold to 80% too. the default of 70% was a touch too sensitive but seems to be perfect at 80.
mitchy likes this.

Brutale 750S - Tricked and refining in progress - nearly ready for the 2019 season and track days.

Thames Valley, England. The land of congestion, 4x4's and badly driven Ubers.
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
@Deano,what symptoms did you have with the bike when you fitted the first wiring loom.
My bike was running fine for a while,now it's running like shit again as if it has fuel starvation.
What was the difference between the 2 wiring looms,can you remember.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Mobile-0423041326

Last edited by mitchy; 06-16-2019 at 04:08 PM.
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 04:45 PM

New Site Garage
Mitchy,

From memory I can't remember whether it ran rough or ran at all. I still have the other loom which I will send to you if I can find it. I also have a saved folder of emails between me and Hot'n'Rare who I bought it through. They sorted it with Healtech. I'll go through them and forward them to you also. Here is a quote from one of them: -

"I have been in contact with Healtech electronics tech support and they inform me that I need a different wiring harness, part no: - QSH-F4C (not QSH-F4D) for my bike. They said (quote): -

"The wiring is often changed on MV Augusta bikes , often do not match with the wiring diagrams and there's no logic in the used connectors and wiring on similar models, unfortunately."

Cheers

Deano

2009 1078RR Brutale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode