New Headlight Dra 800RR 15’ - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ArnO
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Norway, Europe
Posts: 27
New Headlight Dra 800RR 15’

Going for a new Headlight on a 2015 800RR

My plan is the New LED light from Th 2018/19 modell.

What do i need to do for it to work?

Want the DRL for the day (switch operated) low beam when nerder and high beam

Since i dont got a switch for on/off on the light i need to do it whit a third after mounted one. So i can chose DRL and DRL + low beam when needed.

Highbeam whit the std swhitch


Tnx in advance for tips
DragsterRRnor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 04:35 PM
New Member
 
Banned's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 70
Interested to see how the works out as I'd like to do the same. I've also thought about putting a Rivale light on.

2015 Brutale 800RR
2015 F3 800
Banned is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Norway, Europe
Posts: 27
My only problem is canbus. Rewireing sould ve fine. But the rest do i ned resistors. And if yes how big 😛
DragsterRRnor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:25 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 32
I don't know where you are based, but if you are in the US, keep in mind that the US part(s) doesn't allow us to enjoy the DRL.
If you get a 2019 Dragster in the US, you don't have a way to get the DRL only mode. There's no switch on the right-hand side controls like the EUR version.

I really like the DRL on the 2019, and I decided to order the EUR switch. I should get it in two weeks. One thing I am not sure is if the headlight itself is the same as the EUR one... we will see when I put the switch on and test it...

Long story short: if you are based in the US, make sure you get the EUR version of the switch and (maybe) the EUR version of the headlight.
ArnO is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Norway, Europe
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnO View Post
I don't know where you are based, but if you are in the US, keep in mind that the US part(s) doesn't allow us to enjoy the DRL.
If you get a 2019 Dragster in the US, you don't have a way to get the DRL only mode. There's no switch on the right-hand side controls like the EUR version.

I really like the DRL on the 2019, and I decided to order the EUR switch. I should get it in two weeks. One thing I am not sure is if the headlight itself is the same as the EUR one... we will see when I put the switch on and test it...

Long story short: if you are based in the US, make sure you get the EUR version of the switch and (maybe) the EUR version of the headlight.

Am based in norway (EU)

My problem is That it dont support LED. So if the canbus system start throwing codes. Thats shit.

If i kan just re wire i kan use 3 point switch for DRL, DRL + low beam or low beam.

Since i got H4 light now one - and two + for low/High.

Also my light today is halogen. So LED can show up as a faulty bulb

And $800 for a lamp is mutch. Specialy if it dont work 😛
DragsterRRnor is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:36 AM
New Member
 
htxbrute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Missouri City, TX
Posts: 57
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnO View Post
I don't know where you are based, but if you are in the US, keep in mind that the US part(s) doesn't allow us to enjoy the DRL.
If you get a 2019 Dragster in the US, you don't have a way to get the DRL only mode. There's no switch on the right-hand side controls like the EUR version.

I really like the DRL on the 2019, and I decided to order the EUR switch. I should get it in two weeks. One thing I am not sure is if the headlight itself is the same as the EUR one... we will see when I put the switch on and test it...

Long story short: if you are based in the US, make sure you get the EUR version of the switch and (maybe) the EUR version of the headlight.
Let me know if this works for you. I have been thinking of ordering the EU switch to see if the DRL turns on. There seems to be only one part number on for the headlight on startwintrading.
htxbrute is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:03 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by htxbrute View Post
Let me know if this works for you. I have been thinking of ordering the EU switch to see if the DRL turns on. There seems to be only one part number on for the headlight on startwintrading.


Yes, it works. I installed the EUR switch this weekend. I posted an update tonight with some pics. Go check it out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silentservice703 likes this.
ArnO is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 08:52 PM
New Member
 
bbycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 60
New Site Garage
Hey. When are you going to post those pics? Would love to see what you did
bbycakes is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:13 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbycakes View Post
Hey. When are you going to post those pics? Would love to see what you did
Here you go my good sir: https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/53-br...rr-makeup.html
ArnO is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome