Engine removal - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Engine removal

Sup guys,

I was wondering how hard is it to remove the engine of my brutale 800. I want to get the engine to be painted in black but my local shop asks around 600 dollar for removal

Mv Agusta Brutale 800 '15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:06 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Well...... how handy are you with tools???

The frame can be removed from the engine fairly easily. (Note, remove frame from engine. Not the other way around).

After removing exhaust, build an engine cradle from scrap lumber (or new if you want) under the engine cases to support it, .....with the chassis on a rear wheel stand.

Remove tank and other body parts...start unbolting the frame and set the front trellis with forks off to the side before removing the side plates and swing arm.

That is an overly simplistic description...... good luck.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks for your reply, im actually a technician so i am familiar with tools if you say it like this it sounds not that difficult hehe.

i was looking in the maintance manual and found a chapter (chassis manual - frame - page 36) about removing the engine but its not clear if this is possible without removing the front suspension because they say (when al the bolts are removed) that i have to push the engine forwards.

Mv Agusta Brutale 800 '15

Last edited by Sandert93; 05-10-2019 at 10:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I haven't tried a 3 cylinder MV, but most bikes I have taken frames off of (as opposed to "removing the engine" when frame tubes are underneath) I was was able to remove the frame with front end intact.

On a MV 4 cylinder bike you can move the frame away from the engine for easier access to the valve train when a cam cap bolt refuses to come out.

The object is to remove as few things as possible to just lift the bike off the engine. On a newer model GSX-R for instance this means remove swingarm/subframe/rear wheel as a unit, unbolt engine, disconnect wires etc, and lift the frame off. Throttle bodies and cables, wire harness, front end and a lot of stuff are not really disturbed.

The key is having a supporting stand under the engine (not just a jack)....

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode