Tuning results for Stradale 800 with MWR intake and Fresco exhaust - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Tuning results for Stradale 800 with MWR intake and Fresco exhaust

Hello,

Thought this might make interesting reading for some of you thinking about modifying your Trepistoni...

So recently I had an MWR 'road' HE filter fitted (with optional spring kit set to highest at front, lowest at back) along with the 'power up kit' (basically removing the standard restrictive intake snorkels). Previously I removed the standard catback exhaust and replaced it with a three pipe Fresco exhaust, with race baffles in place.

This week I took it to Hilltop Motorcycles in the UK for a specific ECU flash to make the most of the intake and exhaust mods and to ensure the fueling is spot on.

Dyno run is attached. As you can see from the two sets of lines, the before and after figures are pretty impressive, at least up until a point in the rev range (about 9000rpm) where there were no gains to be made (perhaps the longer stacks on the standard 800 restrict it in this power band).

Power at the wheel of 110 might not seem like much (no idea what this might be at the crank - 120?) but the actual gains are all in the usable part of the rev range. Key figure for me: peak torque is now at 7255rpm instead of all the way up the rev range at 9640rpm.

Ideally I would have liked a baseline run of the bike as standard, but at least this gives you a decent idea of what's possible with some light tuning work. At a later date I'm thinking of getting performance headers, but I don't think there would be much gain as the standard cat headers look pretty decent. Oh, and they are very expensive.

Most importantly: on the road, the bike performs brilliantly. Smoother, with better pickup throughout the rev range. It's easier to ride quickly without having to rev it so much. And the sound...

Good result!

Cheers,
Nick
Attached Images

2015 MV Agusta Stradale

Last edited by TruffleShuffle; 05-09-2019 at 06:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:28 PM

Congratulations!
Seems you have won a lot of power in the lower rpms .

I just wonder why there is not much difference in the upper part...
May you are right that this is the long snorkels.
I guess you are near 120 hp at the crank!

What software did your tuner use?

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti piu' sensibili.......
__________________________________________________ ___________________
2018 Brutale 800RR
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherche View Post
Congratulations!
Seems you have won a lot of power in the lower rpms [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/MVagusta_net_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG].

I just wonder why there is not much difference in the upper part...
May you are right that this is the long snorkels.
I guess you are near 120 hp at the crank!

What software did your tuner use?
Thanks!

I'd be interested to know if the shorter f3 stacks would gain more power at the top end but not at the expense of the low to midrange. It'd be a relatively cheap mod (a lot cheaper than the MWR stacks!).

The ECU was remapped by Hilltop Motorcycles in the UK. It's not a conventional kind of remap; more info at their link about what it entails: www.hilltopmotorcycles.co.uk.

They seemed quite surprised at how good the standard power curve was, but were obviously impressed, as was I, with the final outcome.

2015 MV Agusta Stradale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode