Booster Plug - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Allworld

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Booster Plug

I don't know if this has ever been discussed or not, but here goes.
I purchased a Booster Plug for my Street Triple and it worked as advertised. It smoothed out the jittery throttle response at slow 1st and 2nd gear maneuvering, which in Boston is 90% of the time. It also made for better acceleration.
So comparing the Street Triple to the Brutale for in the city riding, the Street Triple with the Booster Plug fitted was much better.
So I ordered one for my Brutale. Installation is a very easy and you really can't get it wrong. Once it is in I will post the results.
If any one else has experience with this device on there MV or other bike I would like to hear your thoughts.

For more information on how it works you can visit their website, they do a much better job in explaining it than I could.
https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/cms-21.html

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 04:10 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
Looking forward to hearing more about this.

To be honest, I need to open up the Brutale and ship the ECU up to Chuck. I am just being lazy

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 10:41 PM

I installed the booster plug in my 2014 monster 696 smooth out most of the choppy throttle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

So last week I installed the Boostah Plug (that's how we say it up here) and also a new battery.
The install is a bit tricky and if I wanted to do it real pretty, I would have had to remove the fuel tank and the top of the air box. I elected to go FEC (fast easy cheap). There isn't much room under the tank so I basically just laid the plug on top of the air box and it is set between that and the bottom of the fuel tank. The lead is laced out and zip tied to the trellis frame just to the left, behind the headlight.

I rode it to work of Friday which was okay but not really a good test. Came home changed the oil and then went out for a ride today, about 300 miles or so. The engine was definitely smoother at low/slow throttle situations. Take offs from dead stop was instant and smooth. Roll on power seemed better, but this bike never really had and issues with that, however it did seem to transition better when you rolled hard on the throttle.

All in all I think it is worth the price. IMO any bike with a jittery/twitchy throttle response would most likely benefit from installing one. It is certainly easier and less costly then a power commander.
silentservice703 likes this.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R

Last edited by Allworld; 04-13-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode