Difference between F4RR engine and F4RC engine and ECU Studio - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By jhollis
  • 1 Post By silentservice703

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Difference between F4RR engine and F4RC engine and ECU Studio

Hey guys.

I'm in the process of building a beautiful '13 F4RR that I found, and bought with only 2013 miles on the clock. Bike was VERY well taken care of. As in, it'd never been washed, but there still wasn't a speck on it. The assembly lube was still visible in the crack where the mirror bolts on. Anyway, I have ordered the EAS 2.0 MV Corse rearsets for it, with the quickshifter/blipper setup, a Bodis full titanium exhaust, ECU Studio, and plan on a Sprint air filter as soon as they release it. (they tell me soon) Here's my question. In ECU Studio there are several base maps that come with it. One of these maps is titled F4RR race ROM. I'm assuming this is the ROM they're using on the F4RC with the race exhaust installed. Does anyone know if there is an actual difference between the RR engine, and the RC? Or are the extra 11 horsepower they're claiming on the RC due to the exhaust, and tuning?

If I were to load the race ROM on my RR with the Bodis exhaust and enabled my blipper could I just call it good, or should I still put it on a dyno, and tune it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger29 View Post
Hey guys.

I'm in the process of building a beautiful '13 F4RR that I found, and bought with only 2013 miles on the clock. Bike was VERY well taken care of. As in, it'd never been washed, but there still wasn't a speck on it. The assembly lube was still visible in the crack where the mirror bolts on. Anyway, I have ordered the EAS 2.0 MV Corse rearsets for it, with the quickshifter/blipper setup, a Bodis full titanium exhaust, ECU Studio, and plan on a Sprint air filter as soon as they release it. (they tell me soon) Here's my question. In ECU Studio there are several base maps that come with it. One of these maps is titled F4RR race ROM. I'm assuming this is the ROM they're using on the F4RC with the race exhaust installed. Does anyone know if there is an actual difference between the RR engine, and the RC? Or are the extra 11 horsepower they're claiming on the RC due to the exhaust, and tuning?

If I were to load the race ROM on my RR with the Bodis exhaust and enabled my blipper could I just call it good, or should I still put it on a dyno, and tune it?
This looks like one for Dansoarr, another member who has great knowledge on ECU studio. If it helps I also have a 2013 F4RR, full Termi system and ECU studio. I honestly cannot remember which map we loaded when we installed ECU studio but all has been good. I also have blipper enabled. However, I am going to go and get the bike dynoed and tuned in the next couple of months. The main reason being while on track in the slower corners it is still quite difficult to modulate the throttle smoothly, it is quite senstive so was hoping we can smooth this out a little bit on the dyno. Watch my thread for more info.
stickmandj likes this.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:32 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
It is always best to tune on a dyno if you have the resources.
esq'z me likes this.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 01:03 PM

New Site Garage
Every bike needs to go on the Dyno.

1120 F4RC -2017 MOTUL. Euro 3. The last of the best of the best!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 02:15 PM

I responded to your PM

Arron

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Mapped with ECUstudio
QS & Blipper working with ECUstudio

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks dansoarr. You've been most helpful. I've since muddled through my first flash. Once you get the guts to actually do it, it's really simple. The ECU Studio does all the work. Plug it in, a couple clicks, and you're done. It will be of much more use once my pile of parts starts to show up. I'm still hoping for an answer as to whether there's a difference between the RR engine and the RC engine. By the power difference, I'm guessing they're identical, and the RC gets the extra 11 Hp from the race exhaust. Not that it really matters now, as my budget wouldn't allow me to build my bike into an RC spec if they are different. Nor does it allow me to buy an RC. So, the meanest RR I can afford it's going to have to be. MV Corse rearsets with the quickshifter/blipper sensor and setup are on their way, along with an oberon clutch slave cylinder, full titanium Bodis exhaust, Puig smoked windscreen, smoked integrated tail light, and a dyno tune with ECU Studio. A Sprint filter will round it out when they finally release one for the F4. This should make for a decent start to a build.

Thanks to all who dropped in to help. Dansoarr has been extremely helpful with my '13RR and ECU Studio. I've been in touch with Chris from X-Bikes on my 2010 F4 as well, and have a Microtec ECU and quickshifter coming for that as well. Chris was very patient with me and knowledgeable, and helpful. Soon as the Microtec and qs setup show up from him, the '10 will get Evolutionbike cat delete headers, with a Bodis slip on, and a DNA filter and smoked Puig windscreen as well. Going to be a great summer once I get them together! Thanks again all!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 10:45 PM

The RC features a number of exclusively designed and developed components that are utilized solely on this model, such as: re designed cylinder head casing with high-flow intake and exhaust ports, ultra lightweight forged pistons, titanium connecting rods, magnesium covers and titanium fasteners.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the clarification on the RC motor. That certainly isn't in the budget. Though some day I NEED to have a '16 AMG RC!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in