kineo wheels - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

kineo wheels

im hoping someone on here can help me..

unfortunately.. i got into a crash on my dragster. wasnt my fault.. guy blew a stop sign and i hit his front drivers fender.

im wanting to fix the bike.. i have a set of kineo wheels on it.. i need a new front wheel, or out side barrel/rim. mine is bent

is there anyone out there that might be able to get me a new rim or where i could send the wheel out to get repaired?

any help wold be greatful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 05:03 AM

New Site Garage
You can buy new Kineo wheels from the distributor here in the UK. Not sure about wheel repair

https://www.bikehps.com/kineo/?gclid...YaAsf3EALw_wcB

cheers
bogie
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 07:06 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Don't know where you live (no location in your profile!! please add it) but shouldn't this driver be required to fix your bike (or his insurance pay) if he/she was at fault for running a stop sign????

Regardless, the rim can be replaced...or it should be replaceable. Maybe need a few replacement spokes as well. Trick will be finding someone who still knows how to work on spoke wheels.

You may need to contact Kineo for parts, as appears MV only sells the wheel assembly (Star Twin Trading parts catalogs).

Good luck. Glad the crash wasn't too bad (I assume/hope).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Unfortunley the guy didn’t have insurance. So I’m playing games with insurance.

I’m in the states. Ohio to be exact lol.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 02:14 PM

New Site Garage
Seriously: Basically every story I hear or read is that when people get hit and the person who is at fault has no insurance.

like......wtf???

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:34 PM
Old Wing Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_fab View Post
Unfortunley the guy didn’t have insurance. So I’m playing games with insurance.

I’m in the states. Ohio to be exact lol.
Edit your profile to add OHIO (or a city in Ohio if you want)...

You have uninsured motorist coverage I am sure. Did the perpetrator get a ticket from the police? For no insurance at the very least if not failure to yield right of way.....

Your insurance company should pay up, less your deductible. They will then go after the driver of the car, garnishing his wages if needed until the claim is paid off...then they will refund your deductible.

It may take a few years, but that's what they will do. I had an uninsured motorist spin out in a downpour on the freeway back in 1974, wrecking my pick-up and bending the forks on my motocrosser that was in the bed. 5 years after the accident I got a mysterious check in the mail for $500....from my insurance company at the time of that wreck...took me a few minutes to realize it was my deductible from that crash!!

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

yes he got cited/ticketed. my insurance wants an estimate on how much to fix the bike.. odds are its totald out cause of the expense of the parts,but im wanting to fix it anyway.. as the front forks are good.

i messaged kineo through faecebook.. and they wrote back. so thats a good sign.. well see what they say.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:18 PM
Old Wing Nut

Get an estimate from an MV dealer to fix it all with MV parts...if insurance "totals" it, take the check and then buy it back from them for "salvage"... pennies on the dollar.
Then fix it yourself. You will come out ahead in the long haul.

You might be surprised at what it will cost if you haven't checked already. MV parts aren't that much more than any other bike out there (unless the dealer is screwing his customers with huge mark ups over MSRP).

Where would your dealer be?
cruiser likes this.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 05:00 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie View Post
You can buy new Kineo wheels from the distributor here in the UK. Not sure about wheel repair

https://www.bikehps.com/kineo/?gclid...YaAsf3EALw_wcB
this is interesting always liked the spoked wheels on the dragster RR might look into
purchasing a set for my 910 s but what colour.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 06:44 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mv raptor View Post
this is interesting always liked the spoked wheels on the dragster RR might look into
purchasing a set for my 910 s but what colour.
Attached Images

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode