3Likes
  • 1 Post By dansoarr
  • 1 Post By theknurl
  • 1 Post By jhollis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Exhaust recommendations 2011 F4

Hello everyone! After much debate, and riding a bike that is far too quiet for too long, I have decided to get her (2011 F41000) an upgraded exhaust. Hoping someone can help me out here and give me the pros and cons of each option.

From what I can see as far as price point goes the Bodis slip on is pretty close in price to the SC-Project or Termi full systems. Personally I think the Bodis and SC look better than the Termi which, imo, looks a little too old school ducati. One thing I DO NOT WANT is to sound like every other inline on the track. Power, though nice, is secondary...let's face it, this bike has more than MOST of us can use. haha

So some of the questions I guess I would have is do I need a remap for every option? (Bazzaz or pc or Microtec) Which one really showcases the sound of the bike the best? Why did YOU pick the exhaust you did when you changed yours?

Look forward to the feedback. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 03:47 PM

The SC project is not a full system. You don't say where you are and if it's just road or track or a bit of both.

I've played with the bodis, SC and Termi. In terms of sound I prefer the SC, although I miss the 4 pipes.

SC is also the loudest, then bodis and then termi. That's my opinion, oh and there's no dB killer available for the SC, so if you want to do trackdays with a 105dB limit your out of luck.
kdmiller likes this.

Arron

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Mapped with ECUstudio
QS & Blipper working with ECUstudio

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
The Following User Says Thank You to dansoarr For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 06:09 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

kdmiller;
The Bodis cans and mid pipe weigh 7 lbs 11oz/3.5kg compare that to stock
kdmiller likes this.

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 10-21-2018 at 06:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to theknurl For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 02:11 AM

I've got a Bodis on mine which is effing loud (even with the baffles in) and has got louder since the decat.

I don't like the look of the Termi's and wasn't sure about the SC until I saw it in the flesh and heard it - very nice (and also loud!)

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 04:01 AM

New Site Garage
Bodis, complete system. F4RC. I want MV look 4 pipes, don’t like the SC, Termi belongs to the AMG alone and is a bit too much Ducati.

If I’m not satisfied with the Bodis I’ll buy the MotoCorse system. I think it oozes more MV Agusta. Not really sure.

1120 F4RC -2017 MOTUL. Euro 3. The last of the best of the best!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasF4 View Post
Bodis, complete system. F4RC. I want MV look 4 pipes, donít like the SC, Termi belongs to the AMG alone and is a bit too much Ducati.

If Iím not satisfied with the Bodis Iíll buy the MotoCorse system. I think it oozes more MV Agusta. Not really sure.
If I was sticking with the 4 pipes then I will definetly consider the Moto Corse, it is beautiful to look at, so much better than the Bodis IMO and a hefty price to match.

I am even considering it on my 2013 F4RR just to go back to the 4 pipes (I currently run the Termi's)

I do know someone who is selling a SC full system which is supposed to have come off one of the RC race bikes, if interested let me know. I bought the full carbon race fairings from the same guy and they are legit it seems, from the 2016 RC Race bike.
kdmiller likes this.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 09:04 AM

New Site Garage
Thanks for the offer, but I already have the SC in my wooden crate I got when I bought the RC. It was only a half system.

I’ve completely altered my undertail and sub frame to fit the Bodis better with an undertail. I guess the M-C can fit anyway if I ever choose to change one day.

There is not much OEM on my bike anymore. It’ll be the true homage for the F4

1120 F4RC -2017 MOTUL. Euro 3. The last of the best of the best!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode