1090RR Belly Pan Install - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

1090RR Belly Pan Install

Have questions about the belly pan installation on a 2013 Brutale 1090RR. Pan came with 2 brackets and 2 spacers, had to source the bolts, not a big deal but a bit of a hassle. Anyhow, I think I figured out where the mounting brackets go. The "narrow" one appears to go behind the kick stand mount, the bolt openings on the bracket line up. This leaves the "wide" one for the right side, most likely mounted between the block and the rear brake master. However,there are three bolts around the rear brake master and only 2 openings on the bracket. Am I looking at the proper position to mount the bracket? Don't want to go around undoing bunch of bolts for no good reason.

Also, with the belly pan do I need to retain the right exhaust shield in the picture? the bolt mount welded to the catalytic converter broke loose so the shield is hanging by one bolt. it will most likely touch the inside of the belly pan, so can I just remove it? I did line the pan with heat resistant material...
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 06:01 PM

Did you work it out ? I can take some pics of my 2012 and how the mountings work if that helps....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsawkins View Post
Did you work it out ? I can take some pics of my 2012 and how the mountings work if that helps....
I am waiting on my friend to stop by on his F4 because he wants to swap stands as he is not happy that his bike leans too much. I was hoping to get that all knocked out at once. I would welcome the pics, will save me quite a bit of time and possibly grief. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 01:24 PM

New Site Garage
It took me a while to figure it out too - thread here with pics

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/21-cu...tallation.html

cheers
bogie
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the lead. I went through the thread and like many I am a bit on the fence of how it will look like. However, I did see some images of the B4 with belly pans in red and liked them. The oil cooler bezel in silver blends in with the overall color scheme...

I get the idea of naked bikes should stay naked but I also want to personalize mine Brute a bit...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 03:19 AM

New Site Garage
I keep looking at bikes with belly pans and the ones I think "looks great" are where the colours are integrated into the rest of the bike.

When I fit it to my bike, it was the wrong shade of white and plain, and I just didnt like it when I got it on, so took it off after a week....

not so bothered now as I fit titanium headers and like looking at those

cheers
bogie
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 01:47 PM

Rubber grommet with thread how is that installed at the bottom? Not sure how it is sandwiched in between the cooler guard and the belly pan itself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in