F4 312 callipers & forks from a ducati hypermotard will they fit ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

F4 312 callipers & forks from a ducati hypermotard will they fit ?

Ok so a strange one here ?
My mate has his 2012 hypermotard 1100 sp evo course!
(Stolen recovered) this might be a silly question and I have looked but carnt come up with the conclusion?

So they use the 50mm marzochi fully adjustable with DLC?
My thinking is they are of a 2012 bike with 5000 miles so would they fit and would they be a good upgrade ?

2nd
The callipers and master cylinder
Brembo monobloc 4 pistons
(Did think about the magnesium wheels too&#128526

To fit on my 2007 312

I know it's a strange one but any help would be great thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 02:52 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
I don’t know much about Ducatis but I can tell you that your 312R has 100 mm spaced radially mounted brakes. The more common 108 mm spaced brakes will not work on your bike. Other dimensions of note are your 312R tripleclamps are 58 mm top and bottom, not 50 mm.

There is some references to these dimensions and plenty of other info relation to brakes and front end conversions for a 312R in this thread:

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/56-su...-forks-f4.html

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 07:44 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
YOu also have to consider that Ducati and MV use different wheels/fork bottoms/spacers.....

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 07:55 AM

New Site Garage
Andy

The SP EVO forks are a very high quality fork. I think you could fit them to your 312R if you used the Ducati Triples and shimmed the difference between the two bikes steering head bearing distance measurement to be the same. Or have a set or triples made from IMA or Robby Moto to fit the MV steering head - the Ducati fork diameter and wheel/brake spacing.

Going either method all the Ducati frontend parts could be used including wheel, axle, brakes. If you do the swap check the overall fork length. The SP EVO forks are a little longer than the standard 312R forks. The Duc forks can be made shorter with a couple spacers between the cartridge top out spring and the top of the inner cart. Any good suspension tech could do that very easily. You could make the forks exactly the length you want this way. Reduced travel should not be an issue because the SP EVO forks have a lot more travel than the 312R forks.

FYI - All Ducati production radial mount brake are the same 100mm brake mount spacing as all MV radial mount calipers. I used Panigale M50 calipers on my F3 for a season or two before upgrading the GP-RX calipers. The 108mm spacing is basically what the Japanese makers and some racing specific applications use for mounting calipers i.e. Ohlins TTX or Thru Rod forks, KYB GP Forks, WP GP fprks etc.

The modifcation you are considering would be very cool with the black forks with DLC and all black hardware. I'd love to see you do it! Cheers

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
Staff Instructor SBTT South
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 09:10 AM

I have done multiple projects like you speak of, and it can be a great upgrade at a reasonable price or just not be worth it and there are better options.

What forks are on your current bike?
how cheap are you able to source the front end from the ducati?
yes your brembo's will work on the ducati forks, same 100mm spacing.
would you be prepared to spend the money on custom triples if the fork diameters are not going to be compatible?
Are you prepared if need be to have custom wheel spacers made? in order to use your stock wheels.
If looking to run the ducati wheel, you might have brake rotor spacing issues, and also is the back wheel compatible?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

This is great guys just what I need straight talk and advice !yeah on another site I was told it was just a case of swapping the fork legs over... with callipers and all would line up give or take ..i didn't think so but couldn't confirm or deny it ?Thanks for your help
The forks & callipers on the f4 312 rant bad but yes the parts are available cheap ..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 04:43 PM

if you have the forks, wheel, rotors and spacers from this bike, and are good with using them... Then it is just a matter or making sure the forks are long enough & the mounting points on the forks (fork clamps/triples) are the correct diameter for the forks and wheel spacers.

The whole triples portion can be the $$$ part.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode