DIY Race intake tubes w/ stock nose - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Lightbulb DIY Race intake tubes w/ stock nose

If your like me and noticed the MWR intake funnels are crazy expensive but want the easy power upgrade. I went the custom route with about only 3 hours work. I ordered Carbonin race intake tubes for a fraction of the cost compared to MWR tubes and they are even larger. You can see in the photos they are longer then OEM so they require a slight Dremel cut, also they are wider as seen in the picture from the top so to plastic cover above them need a slight trim as well. I was able to remove the stock ones and fit the new ones with out even removing the tank or air box. I don't have a before and after dyno, most likely the power would be more apparent on the highway and a potential for more torque, Im planning on getting a dyno probably at the end of summer just for the fun of it.
Attached Images

2013 F3 675

Last edited by mgucci; 07-07-2018 at 07:19 PM. Reason: photos not attaching
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 09:59 PM

not sure if it is the site or there is no pics, but very interested in this mod.. Who did you buy the tubes from, cost?
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I found them on BellissiMoto, they took over a month but only $180. The site isn't loading the other pics I will try again later.
Attached Images

2013 F3 675
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 11:10 AM

is this really showing gains? anyone have dyno to back it up?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 01:45 PM

What Filter did you use?

Here you can see the difference in breathing area between the Brutale 800 MWR filter and the OEM filter

mgucci and lostscot like this.

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti piu' sensibili.......
__________________________________________________ ___________________
2018 Brutale 800RR

Last edited by cherche; 07-08-2018 at 01:47 PM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 08:05 PM

idk ive already got the race filter, I just think the oem runners would provide amble air flow above 80mph to help reduce vacuum in the box. I could be completely wrong but I have no idea is why im asking, could certainly use more power on this 675.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I have the race filter too from MWR with the adjustable air foil above the filter.

Generally speaking most of the race fairings kits for these bike provide larger intake tubes so there must be some benefit... and when you pull the OEM tubes off; the opening in the air box is much larger then the neck of the air tube. If you have a autotunner or a dyno tune there is no reason why you wouldn't see some improvement. More air more fuel more power, Especially if you have a full exhaust you may not have the correct vacuum between intake and exhaust. My rule of thumb is every exhaust upgrade warrants upgrade to the intake.

This is just a FYI in case someone was thinking about it, The race fairing tubes can easily fit the OEM fairing with a coupe quick small cuts and you don't have to spend a lot if you go about it like I did.
Attached Images

JerryJoose likes this.

2013 F3 675
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 12:33 PM

New Site Garage

This is what I have on my F3 race bike. I believe the racing filter configuration
is what I have and the diffuser plate type is the standard offering from MWR?

Here are the air tubes that go with the filter kit. The openings in the fairing had to be opened up a little.

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
Staff Instructor SBTT South
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125

Last edited by Ducati23; 07-13-2018 at 12:51 PM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Nice, I like the radiator. I moved my battery into the tail. Yea I think I have the middle grade filter I wonder what was the need for the completely different intake filter designs and if the company actually tested for air flow.

2013 F3 675
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 12:58 PM

New Site Garage
They changed the design for some reason. We've run my F3 a number of times on the dyno with several different configurations. Not much difference each time. Maybe the ram air effect adds a little power.

Don't know if this shows it very well but the fairing holes are opened up to allow more air through the tubes. If it makes much difference - hard to say. But I didn't have to ruin the look of the intakes to make the holes somewhat bigger.
mgucci likes this.

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
Staff Instructor SBTT South
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125

Last edited by Ducati23; 07-23-2018 at 07:54 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode