Alarm Survey - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
lk

Alarm Survey

Hey all!

I wanted to get a survey going on what alarms MV owners are using (if any) and to rate there satisfaction with that alarm.

So if you dont mind.. please let me know the following for each bike you have an alarm on:

1) Alarm make and model
2) Alarm options purchased
3) Has it actually saved your bike that you know of?
4) Would you recommend it?.. if not then what would you recommend?
5) You have any advice in this area?
6) Any interesting stories related to alarms?

I didnt want to put up a list of alarms so as to not discourage owners of alarms im unaware of.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 09:53 PM

i just installed the new Scorpio SR-I500W on my Mv last week. I purchased the battery backup, perimeter sensor and the ignition disable feature. I had the old version of this alarm on my Busa and it did save me once when I was in this chicks house and some kids were messing with the bike....i received a page and was able to look out on the balconey to see them messing with it.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 12:21 AM

I love scorpio all the bikes I have had I installed it in.I really like it for the very reason solo said about the page. I like that I can go in somewhere park my bike and know if my alarm goes off. A few times I have gone down to myrtle beach SC to meet friends. We usally stay in crappy hotels. Having the alarm with the permiter sensor made it really easy for me to know it was safe. I hate and love the remote because of the paging system. Very easy to install and very loud. Solo does yours ever run your battery down? I think mine has a few times but other han that its perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 01:35 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
great thread... I have never had one installed on any of my bikes but I think I will put one in my Senna when it gets here.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 07:57 AM

I've never alarm any of my bikes - its completely insured.

Just a side note, but does bike alarms have some sort of tamper switch or microswitch triggers? Its so easy to strip the fairing off the bike its not funny.

I would hate to loose an expensive carbon fibre panel or in that matter any panels.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 01:30 PM

jcctx-i have the new system which has the Lith. Battery in it instead of the AAA. This is a great new feature you just plug up to the recharger when the battery gets low. I have been able to go a couple of weeks without charging.

minime-you do not have the same pre-mature triggers because the perimeter sensor is completely adjustable. Uses microwave technology to detect mass around the bike....another reason you don't have pre-mature triggers....if the bike gets tilted that is another triggered by another sensor....and u pretty uch have to grab the bars and lift the bike adbrutly to one side to trigger.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
lk

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo
jcctx-i have the new system which has the Lith. Battery in it instead of the AAA. This is a great new feature you just plug up to the recharger when the battery gets low. I have been able to go a couple of weeks without charging.

minime-you do not have the same pre-mature triggers because the perimeter sensor is completely adjustable. Uses microwave technology to detect mass around the bike....another reason you don't have pre-mature triggers....if the bike gets tilted that is another triggered by another sensor....and u pretty uch have to grab the bars and lift the bike adbrutly to one side to trigger.
Do you have the Scorpion? I didnt catch which alarm you are referring to that you have.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 07:43 AM

Datatool Stealth Evo alarm/immobiliser. includes anti-tamper microswitches, movement sensor, electric circuit monitoring. Impossible to switch the alarm off, so includes a "service mode". (To meet a higher standard for insurance approval purposes.)

I don't think Datatool sell in the US, though they did offer to ship me one for my Ducati when I lived in Canada. (Beware of different remote frequency bands if buying from abroad. It could potentially be a problem.)

It's pretty much impossible to find insurance for a top insurance bracket bike in the UK without an approved alarm, and you get a discount for having one fitted to any bike.

I also have a ground anchor in my garage that I chain the bikes to, (using insurance approved chains), garage door deadbolts and a garage alarm with proximity and door sensors.

Si
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 11:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
1. Phatom Tracker http://www.phantomtracking.com/Store...html?body=home
2. Standard features
3. No
4. No, unless they can fix the amount of current it draws while in "sleep" mode. As it stands now, this thing will drain my battery in less than 24 hrs to the point that I can't start the bike.
5. This is a good concept, but it's expensive, and needs some fine tuning to work properly on the MV.
6. One time, I forgot to disarm it, and rode the bike home from work. When I got home, the tracking center called me and said "Well, we can see that you're home now. Could you please call us at XXX-XXX-XXXX just to let us know that everything is OK." I thought that was pretty funny.

Alex
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netizen
Do you have the Scorpion? I didnt catch which alarm you are referring to that you have.
Sorry about that...its the Scorpio SRW-i500...the W indicates the latest model with the rechargable key fob.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode