New HP Corse exhuast, bit lean - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By esq'z me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New HP Corse exhuast, bit lean

I added a HP Corse exhaust to my 08 910S and while the sound is quite pleasing she feels like she's running a bit too lean which I guess is to be expected. Only mods are cat removal and derestricted airbox. Spoke to a mechanic friend who suggested a Rapid Bike ECU upgrade, while another mentioned the B4 gets finicky when messing with the ECU. I'm on a bit of island when it comes to MV mechanics here in New Mexico, the closest being in AZ. I'm certainly sure I could find a dyno though if need be. Any tips appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 12:09 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
What you need to find is the kit ECU made for the Corse exhaust...... or better yet, a Microtec.
Did you retain the o2 sensor? or is it gone? The ECU will go to a fail safe map with no o2 sensor, so that can also be a problem.

Contact SilentService - Chuck about his man in New England that has cracked the 5SM ECU and can do a reflash for you...may be your best option.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
What you need to find is the kit ECU made for the Corse exhaust...... or better yet, a Microtec.
Did you retain the o2 sensor? or is it gone? The ECU will go to a fail safe map with no o2 sensor, so that can also be a problem.

Contact SilentService - Chuck about his man in New England that has cracked the 5SM ECU and can do a reflash for you...may be your best option.
O2 is gone. Bike had a QD mid pipe hooked up to stock exhaust before. Thanks.

When I think about it my mechanic derestricted the airbox when I had the stock exhaust on and it ran fine. Wondering if adding the HP Corse contributed to the leaning as I'm getting more air and less back pressure?

Last edited by NM-1; 05-07-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 05:59 PM
Old Wing Nut

Absolutely...that's why MV Corse supplied a remapped ECU with the exhaust kit, or as an available part for people who bought other high flow mufflers.

Not sure what you mean "derestricted the airbox "....the 910 has no restricting baffles inside. Do you mean he installed a high flow aftermarket air cleaner? Or blew smoke up your....??? The air cleaner doesn't make that much difference, the exhaust does.

Get in touch with Chuck @silentservice703 for the tuner he knows that can reflash your ECU.... You need it. Will make your bike run much better in so many ways. Smoother and more powerful. Will be worth whatever you pay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Absolutely...that's why MV Corse supplied a remapped ECU with the exhaust kit, or as an available part for people who bought other high flow mufflers.

Not sure what you mean "derestricted the airbox "....the 910 has no restricting baffles inside. Do you mean he installed a high flow aftermarket air cleaner? Or blew smoke up your....??? The air cleaner doesn't make that much difference, the exhaust does.

Get in touch with Chuck @silentservice703 for the tuner he knows that can reflash your ECU.... You need it. Will make your bike run much better in so many ways. Smoother and more powerful. Will be worth whatever you pay.
Derestricted was the wrong term. The snorkles on the airbox were removed. Not a major improvement but certainly a noticeable one. I did speak to Chuck's friend in MA and he needs the bike in person which is not a cost effective option sadly.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 08:36 PM
Old Wing Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM-1 View Post
Derestricted was the wrong term. The snorkles on the airbox were removed. Not a major improvement but certainly a noticeable one. I did speak to Chuck's friend in MA and he needs the bike in person which is not a cost effective option sadly.
What snorkels? I have a 910...there are no snorkels. Air comes in the inlets on either side of the air box, pass through the filter, and go down the intake tracts.

At any rate, won't affect tune. Exhaust change will (did). There are other alternatives, such as PowerCommander and Bazzaz piggyback tuners. There are a lot of people out there with licenses for ecunleashed and other systems who can modify your ECU. I would stay away from the piggy back systems if possible.

Search for a race bike shop in your area that has a dyno. They'll probably have an ECU tune software. After all...Ducati also used the 5SM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode