Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert34 View Post
Where can I find pricing on this?

Contact Chris Wells at X-Bikes

[email protected]

[email protected]

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Unread 08-09-2019, 03:00 PM

New Site Garage
Very cool! The Microtech seems like the logical last step for anyone looking to max out their bike. Haven’t seen a bad review yet!

Can’t wait......

WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN?!
'09 Brutale 1078RR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, '05 Brutale S 750
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Unread 08-10-2019, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by über View Post
Very cool! The Microtech seems like the logical last step for anyone looking to max out their bike. Haven’t seen a bad review yet!

Can’t wait......

and I don't think you will hear anything bad. It makes a hell of a difference. Installed a M227 in my corsacorta and the bike just came alive. Itts almost like it was being held back by the stock ECU. The extra's like launch control are also nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Unread 08-10-2019, 08:26 PM

New Site Garage
Had an email exchange with Chris a while back. He recommended a quick-shifter along with the ECU upgrade. @esq'z me, did you go that route? Any other hardware modifications to go along with the chipset?

WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN?!
'09 Brutale 1078RR
, '05 Brutale S 750
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Unread 08-10-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

I did not go with the quick shifter, although I may add it later. I'm kinda old school (and kinda slow).

I did install the auto-tune system.
über likes this.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Unread 08-11-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
I did not go with the quick shifter, although I may add it later. I'm kinda old school (and kinda slow).

I did install the auto-tune system.

Can I ask why you need the auto tune with the microtec. I have the microtec on my 1078RR and its brilliant, although hard for me to judge really as I have not ridden a non microtec bike.
For me the the main initial feedback was the smooth fueling everywhere in all gears but instant response when you want it. Incredible acceleration!! A lot of peeps talk about the water pump issue on standard equip water pump bikes (as mine) but I have to say even when the temps have been really hot here the bike so far has run without issue, this must be down to the microtec!

For anyone on the fence about getting one it's a no brainer in my opinion and Chris is very helpful/knowledgeable to boot!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Unread 08-12-2019, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDS968 View Post
Can I ask why you need the auto tune with the microtec.
The map in the Microtec, as delivered and developed by Chris, is very good, but every bike and locale has its own variables.
The Auto-Tune enables me to adjust mapping without a dyno....something I do not own.

Certainly not needed for most, especially if Chris has a map built for a bike equipped exactly the same as yours or you have access to dyno tuning.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Unread 08-12-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
The map in the Microtec, as delivered and developed by Chris, is very good, but every bike and locale has its own variables.
The Auto-Tune enables me to adjust mapping without a dyno....something I do not own.

Certainly not needed for most, especially if Chris has a map built for a bike equipped exactly the same as yours or you have access to dyno tuning.

Hi Hope you don't mind another question but does the Auto-Tune adjust/fine tune Chris's map constantly or is it a one of learning process?

Cheers
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Unread 08-12-2019, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDS968 View Post
Hi Hope you don't mind another question but does the Auto-Tune adjust/fine tune Chris's map constantly or is it a one of learning process?

Cheers
Innovate LC-2 wide band lambda.... I believe (maybe you should ask Chris) that it is constantly making changes to the installed map, but I could be wrong.

It does allow you to see the changes it makes as you ride and save them as a permanent map for your bike and you. This is augmented by ability to change the target lambda values in the software at varying rpms and throttle openings.... so you can royally screw up you map...or infinitely refine it to perfection.

Then you bike is mapped the way you want it and you could remove the auto-tune and put it on another bike.
Software looks like this (screen shot from Chris' instructional video):
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in