Tuning options and recommendations in UK. - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Tuning options and recommendations in UK.

Hi,
Just purchased a standard UK '11 f4rr with 3,800 miles which runs roughly at low revs.

I wish to keep the bike standard but have her running smoothly so am casting around for the accepted wisdom to get her running better,specifically a recommended tuner and is a Rapid Bike module and/or a reflash with dyno set up the route to go?

Thanks.

Pete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Dave Wood Racing in Aylesbury has a Rexxer set up and did a great job dyno tuning my 1090rr for a race system I fitted. He’s done lots of F4s and has a fantastic reputation. He’s pretty busy and not that responsive to emails so well worth a call.

https://www.davewoodracing.com/ecu-tuning/

Chris at X bikes has a very good reputation for tuning and is a stockest and tuner of the Microtec ECU

09 F4 312 1000

Last edited by Farshore; 04-09-2018 at 08:46 PM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 02:22 AM

Personally, I use ECU-Studio for re-flash, not used any local dynos as most of the bikes I build are more central England based.
2STROKERACER and 2STROKERACER like this.

Arron

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Mapped with ECUstudio
QS & Blipper working with ECUstudio

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

I'll look into that option too.
Thanks.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 03:50 AM

New Site Garage
Motocorsa have just had a dyno installed and staff trained. Not sure what they're offering by way of services yet though. Just putting that out there as an option as they're close to you, maybe somewhere with an existing reputation would be a better bet but as they are an MV franchise they maybe able to offer some expertise.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Okay,thanks.
Worth bearing in mind.Just bought oil and filter from them this morning as it happens.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:25 AM

New Site Garage
I was in there getting a service done a couple of weeks ago and Dani the service manager was saying that they've invested in the Dyno and the training and it's now just sitting there depreciating. Was talk of them doing a dyno day, not that would be useful for set-up as those are usually short sessions just for a graph and a print out in my experience.

I guess their problem with getting a dyno is where do you start with selling it as a service without having a reputation for that sort of work. Unless they can offer something to entice people to come and have their bikes set-up, be happy with the result and recommend them to others, it's something of a chicken and egg problem. As an existing customer of theirs maybe you should have a discussion on a deal to help get things moving?

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 04-10-2018 at 07:56 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 07:07 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Can’t see many of their Broughs making it onto a Dyno for mapping any time soon.
Dave Wood except for the race bikes was mainly busy with street H2s and Busas, the bragging rights brigade. Apparently it’s 30% increase on an H2 from a fairly simple tweak. Quite why anyone needs or wants a blown Busa on the street is beyond me but each to their own. Christ alone knows what the insurance must be like.

09 F4 312 1000
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 07:34 AM

New Site Garage
Forced induction engines are easy to get power out of. Thats why the H2 can get more from a simple increase in boost(simple tweak). I've double my cars power for under 5,000 usd. Can also get power out of a busa because its a large displacement engine running conservatively.

This brings us to smaller engines or those already at high power to weight ratios. Its a lot of money for less gains so the dynos will just sit for the most part. Now if the bike is known to have poor tuning for around town situations then a dyno tune can be useful I guess but thats a fair bit of change for something a piggy back system can do... or a reflash from MV (if available) can sort out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farshore View Post
Canít see many of their Broughs making it onto a Dyno for mapping any time soon.
Dave Wood except for the race bikes was mainly busy with street H2s and Busas, the bragging rights brigade. Apparently itís 30% increase on an H2 from a fairly simple tweak. Quite why anyone needs or wants a blown Busa on the street is beyond me but each to their own. Christ alone knows what the insurance must be like.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode