EAS 2.0 and Blipper - 2012 F3 - MVAgusta.net
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

EAS 2.0 and Blipper - 2012 F3

So I managed to get bits and pieces of info from a few threads but nothing in one place so thought id start a new thread.

I have a 2012 F3 675 with a slipper clutch and the EAS1.0

I would like to get a blipper functionality for it.

I managed to find a EAS 2.0 sensor for it. Before I purchase it, I just want to make sure I dont end up with a too complicated a project.

Is the EAS 2.0 plug and play or does it require modification to the wiring loom or ECU for it to be installed on my 2012?

If so, any links to what I need to do?

I plan to send my ECU to ecu studio for the flashing. Is that the correct thing to do? I dont plan to purchase another ECU.

Lastly , I hear once I get the ECU flashed with the blipper functionality, I cannot update it at MV or I will loose the blipper functionality. Im really happy with my fueling at the moment, I just want the blipper functionality.

Is there any worthwhile fuel map updates for the 675 since 2014 that I should do before I send my ECU? Can I update the dash to the new layout with an update or is that hardware related? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 02:34 PM

Hi,
I think that you might need to make a small modification to the wiring. Luca at ECUstudio can help you with that. Try member @kevjayney as I helped with the reflash and I think he was an F3 with the same mod.

ECUStudio will work and give you all you need for the Blipper, as well as control over the fuelling etc. There are updates from ECUStudio when new maps are released by MV, so Luca will flash the latest map at the same time.

If you allow MV to reflash the ecu, the will over write ECUStudio, this means you will lose the Blipper function and then to restore the function, you will need a new licence or send for re-flashing.

Where abouts are you? if you are local to me or another member with the kit, then I or I'm sure the local member can flash it for you, and then re-flash as and when there are updates.

Cheers

Arron
PTsalas and PTsalas like this.

Arron

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Mapped with ECUstudio
QS & Blipper working with ECUstudio

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
The Following User Says Thank You to dansoarr For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 01:06 AM

just look for my other posts, it was all posted a couple of times somewhere else already

in short: yes a modification to the wiring loom is needed, your new sensor has +5v on pin1 whereas the old one didn't need pin1 and has a different cable there (+3 v if I'm not mistaken). you can get the +5 v from the purple cable of the tipover sensor on the tail section.

depending on your other modifications a local dyno can tune your fueling if needed in case you get the full flash kit or lend one, if you send the ECU to Luca he will probably only flash the map you ask for (stock/race).

Also depending on where on this blue marble you are I could ship mine to you or someone else closer to you

MV F3 800 / 2014 / Quick shift up AND down working
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 02:19 AM
Established Member

Hi,

First of all I would like to say a big thank you to the 2 people above Nephalem and Dansoarr for their help in allowing me to flash my ecu with ECU STUDIO software, and of course Luca for making the product.

My bike is a 2012 675 F3, one of the first ones which did not have the quickshifter installed from the factory.

Iam planning to do a review on this product once I have came back from Almeria (Spain) trackdays in mid March, hopefully I can do a little "how to install this product with pics and info" on this forum.

I have done a run on the dyno just to check the operation of the quickshifter and blipper, of which I have a little video and bhp graph, but unfortunately I am working away from home at the moment and do not have my own laptop with me with the video.

Kev.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lang mae yer lums reek

2001 F4 750 1+1
2012 F3 675
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 06:47 AM
Established Member

Here is the short video with ECU STUDIO quickshifter and blipper installed.

PTsalas, PTsalas, UkNick and 1 others like this.

Lang mae yer lums reek

2001 F4 750 1+1
2012 F3 675
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 06:51 AM
Established Member

Here is the dyno graph.
Attached Images

Lang mae yer lums reek

2001 F4 750 1+1
2012 F3 675
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 07:01 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjayney View Post
Here is the dyno graph.
115 at the wheel. Thats nice.
You also got a dyno graph of your stock 675? I see this video has an aftermarket exhaust.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

Last edited by Black_Gold_Saw; 02-21-2018 at 07:07 AM.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 07:18 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
115 at the wheel. Thats nice.
You also got a dyno graph of your stock 675? I see this video has an aftermarket exhaust.
My bike is standard (apart from a end can, and ECU STUDIO software) It would be good to see a standard exhaust 675 graph just to compare.

As it was just a quick run on the dyno to check operation of the quickshifter and blipper we never hooked up to the coils/ecu to check the torque figures.

Kev.

Lang mae yer lums reek

2001 F4 750 1+1
2012 F3 675
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 07:26 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Is it just me, or is that A/F ratio a bit rich throughout?

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 02:10 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
Is it just me, or is that A/F ratio a bit rich throughout?
I'm not sure what the A/F ratio is supposed to be, is it to be as close to the green line @ 12.0, or is it to be between 12.0 and 14.0?

Lang mae yer lums reek

2001 F4 750 1+1
2012 F3 675

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode