Gutting stock cans. - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By drunkentrader

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Gutting stock cans.

I recall it being asked before somewhere on this forum, but I’d like to know if anyone has modified a gen2 stock rear can? It almost looks like a clamshell/two halves construction judging by the one long seam running the lengths of both side profiles — or which is something I’d consider shaving, polishing and ceramic coating.

The MV corse rg7 aftermarket looks like it came from the same factory/mold, so why not consider retrofitting the stocker and spend the $1800 on catless headers, ECU studio, and leave a few bucks for a dyno tune session?

Would also like to know if I’m right to assume the replacement tips(black anodized) are interchangeable with the stock can?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 12:51 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkentrader View Post
I recall it being asked before somewhere on this forum, but Id like to know if anyone has modified a gen2 stock rear can? It almost looks like a clamshell/two halves construction judging by the one long seam running the lengths of both side profiles or which is something Id consider shaving, polishing and ceramic coating.

The MV corse rg7 aftermarket looks like it came from the same factory/mold, so why not consider retrofitting the stocker and spend the $1800 on catless headers, ECU studio, and leave a few bucks for a dyno tune session?

Would also like to know if Im right to assume the replacement tips(black anodized) are interchangeable with the stock can?
I put black replacement tips on my stock rear can,no problem if you don't mind drilling the old rivets out and re riveting the new ones. Did it for cosmetic reasons only.
Hold on,I'll go and take a photo......
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 01:34 PM

The 2013 on version is different from the 2010 to 2012.

The 2013 version has a single shortened cast aluminium exhaust cap which is bolted to a similar fully welded clam shell (albeit larger than 2010 version).
Attached Images

Arron

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Mapped with ECUstudio
QS & Blipper working with ECUstudio

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750

Last edited by dansoarr; 01-22-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Established Member

Here you go

Fred
Attached Images

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the pics!

Anyone take a close look at how the pipes are assembled? Wondering if theyre all just perforated to let exhaust escape and muffle into the packing?

I cant imagine the innards are much different in the RG7 corse exhaust. Ive seen a lot of car manufacturers offer performance exhausts that are literally the same as the factory muffler, only with straight piped innards vs perforated pipes.

Not exactly equipped or skilled enough to hack the thing to pieces and refabricate it, but if there are enough similarities where I can just plug up the escape holes to make it more of a straight through design I may be interested in tackling the job
p.o_o.h and p.o_o.h like this.

Last edited by drunkentrader; 01-22-2018 at 11:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to drunkentrader For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode