Feedback on Sprockets / Gearing F3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2017, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Feedback on Sprockets / Gearing F3

Hey folks, hoping to get some feedback from riders who have changed their gearing / sprockets for better street riding performance. I've seen a few posts about prospectively changing to -1 on the front, or -1 +2, but have not seen much feedback from people who have actually made the change. For me, cornering on my 2013 F3 675 is currently challenging with the stock set up, because in tight corners second gear is too tall to get strong acceleration out of the corner. And first gear is way too sensitive to ride smoothly. Hoping to learn from those who already have experimented and succeeded (or failed)

And, for those who did the work themselves, curious if someone like me with only average mechanical skills can do the job.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Hey folks, hoping to get some feedback from riders who have changed their gearing / sprockets for better street riding performance. I've seen a few posts about prospectively changing to -1 on the front, or -1 +2, but have not seen much feedback from people who have actually made the change. For me, cornering on my 2013 F3 675 is currently challenging with the stock set up, because in tight corners second gear is too tall to get strong acceleration out of the corner. And first gear is way too sensitive to ride smoothly. Hoping to learn from those who already have experimented and succeeded (or failed)

And, for those who did the work themselves, curious if someone like me with only average mechanical skills can do the job.

Cheers!
I went -1 down on the front and +1 on the rear (44 rear) and its absolutely perfect for me on the 675.

Haven't lost too much up top, but have quite a bit more grunt coming out of turns now. I also went with a DID gold X-ring 520 chain and sprockets.

If you have the correct tools its a walk in the park. Replace your cush drive rubbers and grease your hub while you are there. The front sprocket nut comes off easy with a pneumatic rattle gun. Didnt need heat.

Motion Pro PBR is the best chain breaking/pressing/riveting tool there is - Youtube it. Took me a few hours to do. Dont forget you need foot peg stands to support the bike.

Do you have the latest fuel maps? Updated throttle grip? I ride in S all the time, not too sensitive for me.

Good luck.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:59 AM

New Site Garage
Just to throw my feedback in...
I did the -1/+1 520 conversion. The changes are awesome for back roads riding. The bike almost pulls like an 800 now and gearing is perfect coming out of turns. I don't mind the little lost on top end but it revs a little too much for my liking on highway cruising. I mostly prefer being on country roads so am debating to throw standard size front sprocket on to see what it is like with the +1 on rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2017, 03:41 PM

The most extreme change I made was to 14/45 -2/+2 at cadwell park circuit the most fun wheelie machine ever.!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in