Factory exhaust modification - MVAgusta.net
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Factory exhaust modification

So I dropped my TV at the workshop today for the 15000km service and while speaking with the owner, a guy with 20+ years experience on tuning bikes for the track I asked if it was possible to increase the sound of the exhaust just a bit while maintaining stock looks, which I like.
He told that they already did such a thing to 4 other TV's.
They basically remove the insides of the muffler replacing them with a pipe connecting the input and output of the chamber, letting some of the sound through with the added bonus of a less restrictive system.
I went for it based on his recommendation and will get the bike back on thursday, I'll share a video to try to show the new sound.

Has anyone here thought/done such a thing?

Turismo Veloce 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 01:24 PM

Look at this sc project exhaust sound crazy and of course less weight price 900

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Go.Possum and Go.Possum like this.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogi3000 View Post
Look at this sc project exhaust sound crazy and of course less weight price 900

I wanted to maintain stock look as I really like the side tubes. The modification will cost me 250 so it is alot less!

Turismo Veloce 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 07:25 PM

Oh yes a lot less

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 01:58 AM
Established Member

Sound interesting, same problem with me, looking for exhaust that looks nice as stock pipes do, but nothing even close, they all sounds much better that stock pipes but looks aaaarrrgghhh...
Last EICMA i spoke with Akrapovic representative about exhaust for MV Agusta bikes, he sad that Agusta dont sell enough bikes to be interesting for them "they make awesome bikes but not enough", he also sad that they can make me exhaust for MV but it will cost me a fortune... I could not find Termignoni guys, coffie time or something
Anyway looking forward to hear modifications on your stock pipes
Marko G. and Marko G. like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to zzaraxx For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 07:56 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASantos View Post
So I dropped my TV at the workshop today for the 15000km service and while speaking with the owner, a guy with 20+ years experience on tuning bikes for the track I asked if it was possible to increase the sound of the exhaust just a bit while maintaining stock looks, which I like.
They basically remove the insides of the muffler replacing them with a pipe connecting the input and output of the chamber, letting some of the sound through with the added bonus of a less restrictive system.
I went for it based on his recommendation and will get the bike back on thursday, I'll share a video to try to show the new sound.

Any news? Did you make modification to your stock pipes?
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 11:22 AM

I have a QD exhaust. Louder than the factory original and looks fabulous. See attached image. The site is here https://www.designcorse.com/products...800-qd-exhaust £970 incl VAT. Their service is first class but don't forget to register your exhaust for the 2 year warranty.

Pops and bangs on the over run as well as being quite noisy generally but legal I am told. I love it! Still got the original in case I get tired of the noise though.

One small issue is that you have to remove the bottom 2 slashed ends to get the rear tyre off, not a big deal but a niggly pain. However it's a small price to pay for the angle of the pipes. Also a lot lighter that the original and I am told more power, but I don't think the bikes ECU has been updated. I might look at this once the warranty has expired.
Attached Images

Last edited by alantomkins; 08-28-2017 at 11:25 AM.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 02:12 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:

Not on the MV but I did this exact thing to my Raider when I first got it. It was much louder than stock, not a bad thing because stock on the Raider sounds like a Goldwing, and a noticeable difference in power. This is a V-Twin monster. It needs to sound that way. Anyway, I ended up putting aftermarket exhaust not to much later mainly because the stock Raider exhaust is really heavy, just one muffler is heavier than the entire new exhaust, and I really didn't like the stock look. But it worked, sounded great and it was relatively easy to do.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 10:47 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:

How are u satisfied with your modification? Have you done it? Do you have any pictures of the process?
zzaraxx and zzaraxx like this.

Turismo Veloce 2016
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:

The suspense is unbearable ;-). Did you get the mod done? Is a remap required and more importantly, if you had it done, would you please post a video with sound. A number of us are waiting!
Thanks,
Tim
sarje88, sarje88, zzaraxx and 1 others like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode