Aftermarket rear turn signals - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes
  • 4 Post By sarje88
  • 4 Post By Bumpkin
  • 2 Post By mickr69

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Aftermarket rear turn signals

My right rear turn signal gave up about two months ago and I had it replaced under warranty. It was a labour intensive exercise which took almost two hours.

Earlier this week the left side decided to join the right side in heaven (or hell). Though i could have it replaced under warranty and waste two hours of waiting, i decided to have them replaced with a pair I had purchased from Aliexpress (yes another China made ones).

Luckily i had a pair of brackets from a pair of brake and clutch reservoir which fitted perfectly.

Let's hope these last longer than the originals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gero HH, Gero HH, Marko G. and 1 others like this.

Last edited by sarje88; 07-09-2017 at 06:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 09:12 PM

New Site Garage
They look neat.

If you have a road worthyness test, wherever you are from, then they may fail on width from the bikes centreline. Depends on regulations and how thorough the tester is.

Like you both my rears failed, water could get in but not out. Had them replaced by the dealer but they were half full with water a week later. I carefully drilled 1mm holes in the bottom of the black plastic casing, the water drained out. Have been working ever since, in all weathers, for 12,000km so far.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 02:01 AM
Established Member

For now mine are waterproof, but on 9500km left one fail, cause to many vibration on rear mudguard, when i take off my helmet i can hear rattling noise of plastic on slow speed, its look good but its not "healthy" place for indicators...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Aftermarket rear turn signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
They look neat.

If you have a road worthyness test, wherever you are from, then they may fail on width from the bikes centreline. Depends on regulations and how thorough the tester is.

Like you both my rears failed, water could get in but not out. Had them replaced by the dealer but they were half full with water a week later. I carefully drilled 1mm holes in the bottom of the black plastic casing, the water drained out. Have been working ever since, in all weathers, for 12,000km so far.

Thanks!

Yes we have road worthiness tests here in Singapore for vehicles more than three years old. But there is no test for width from the centre line. As long as they are similar to originals it's ok, for eg, LED to LED. Incandescent to LED is illegal.

Are you still on your road trip?

Last edited by sarje88; 07-10-2017 at 07:49 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzaraxx View Post
For now mine are waterproof, but on 9500km left one fail, cause to many vibration on rear mudguard, when i take off my helmet i can hear rattling noise of plastic on slow speed, its look good but its not "healthy" place for indicators...

Both of mine even before they failed had rattling noise.

Yes agree that it's not the best place for indicators but for looks, can't be beat.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Established Member

I had one fail just before I was going on my French trip this year. On a hunch I decided to check the point where the rear indicators connects to the loom which is located under the swingarm. A plate covers the connectors for the indicators and the rear number place light. Luckily for me it was just a loose connection. Also its not waterproof so water and crap can get on the connectors. Worth checking if you ever have one fail.

To replace an indicator you have to take the rear tail tidy thing off, take the wiring out and then replace the indicator. Rather a lot of time just for a simple lamp replacement. I have a R&G tail tidy and some CNC Racing indicators. When the bike goes in for its service I will get the tail tidy installed with the original indicators and see if we can get an easier connector added which will mean they can be replaced without taking the whole thing off again!
sarje88 and sarje88 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode