My personalized 1090RR - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
My personalized 1090RR

Hi all,
I am all too excited about my recently acquired Brutale 1090RR, but when my wife said that it looked a bit plain I saw this as a open door to go nuts

I spent 4 days tearing the bike apart on a less than two weeks old purchase, shopping and fitting various mods and I clocked around 10-12 hours each day that resulted on bad back pain, shoulder ache and generally piss poor mental state that resulted in pissed off wife and kids... No good... I can get really obsessed when I started something thus ignoring those around me and my oen well being. So I decided to ask for help from a local friendly shop to tackle all the heavy lifting under my direction and by the end of the big job to leave me with some homework that I can enjoy doing on a relaxed Sunday morning.

So here we go!! Let the thread begin!!

PS: apology in advance if I do something stupid on this thread. This will be my first build thread ever in my life. Been on various bikes and cars since forever but never bothered to do a build thread before.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

MY11 1090RR

Last edited by uwiik; 06-07-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Got an offer for a pair of brand new Borrani Milano spoked wheels at the price too hard to pass. So I told the shop I will take it as long as the spoke can be painted red.... He ended up painting the spokes with candy tone transparent red. Looking perfect, from a distance it 100% looks like an anodized finish.

MY11 1090RR
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
I wanted something truly unique for this bike. This bike is so exotic like an Italian work of art, so I wanted to do something that has never been done before.

Originally I contemplated about fitting OEM undertail muffler from a 2014 F4 (the square pipe one), off course it will only looks natural if I also custom make a rear panel molded from super sexy looking original F4 tail with modifications to fit 1090 subframe. I managed to acquire the muffler and a fiberglass F4 tail, then I asked my childhood buddy who is an expert on high quality carbon fiber custom panel (he is so good BMW Indonesia use him for custom carbon fiber job). He enthusiastically​ said yes but needed 6-8 weeks to do a proper job because it will be a total mess to do and he wanted to do a perfect job for his portfolio. Since this bike is still too new for me, I decided to fabricate something easier for the time being so I can enjoy my bike quicker and do the custom F4 rear end later.

So I ended up buying two sets of HP Corse Hydroform muffler for Z800 and decided to make a custom stacked dual muffler. I think this will be the first ever on a 1090RR..

MY11 1090RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
I have to admit I stole some idea off the internet for the color theme. But off course I put a lot of personal touch to the design. Please excuse the bad pictures, it was dark. I will post better pictures after it's done.

The color scheme is still on mockup stage using vinyl wrapping and printed sticker. Once the design is final it will go for a proper repaint.

MY11 1090RR
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 07:32 PM

Watching this thread closely as considering purchasing the exact same bike and I know I will be in the same situation, wanting to add a few extras..!

Good luck mate. Looking good so far.
uwiik and uwiik like this.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 08:13 PM

I am also looking forward to the final take on this bike. the spoked wheels looks good, silver or red.

Who moved my cheese?

MY04 Brutale 750S
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollis View Post
Watching this thread closely as considering purchasing the exact same bike and I know I will be in the same situation, wanting to add a few extras..!

Good luck mate. Looking good so far.
When you look for one, just make sure your speedo display is still nice and bright. Seems to be a common issue when the bike exposed to lots of sunlight. Mine needs LCD reconditioning (LCD looking very dim) with 6000km on the clock. Also try to look for a bike that does not have idle hunting problem, seems very common also, although not harmful but it's annoying. Otherwise​ it's a beast!!

MY11 1090RR

Last edited by uwiik; 06-07-2017 at 09:05 PM.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.RP View Post
I am also looking forward to the final take on this bike. the spoked wheels looks good, silver or red.
The color theme is going to be dark grey/black/matt carbon-red dominant, so eventually I don't want any silver/polished/chrome color anywhere on the bike.

Initially I wanted a Kineo wheel but after seeing the Borrani wheels in person suddenly Kineo does not looks nice anymore to my eyes.

I got the Borrani at an insanely low price, lower than Europe's RRP, lemme know if I can help fellow member here to get one, the local dealer seems to have a few and stuck with it.

MY11 1090RR
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quick question to anyone watching.. i also got an offer too hard to pass on a tamburini rearsets. Any experience with one? I originally wanted a Sato Racing rearsets but the shop have a last stock of Tamburini and once again, he wanted to sell it cheap cheap cheap... The shop is focusing on Ducati and Japs toys right right now so he is getting rid of many MV stuffs.

MY11 1090RR
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 12:40 AM

New Site Garage
Really enjoying your extreme approach - keep up the great work. i'm close to finalising the single hydroform as I wanted to show more of the rear wheel. Spoke wheels on a B4 !! go for it !

cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in